Want to save a 7 years old relationship

MAt1914

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:09 am
We met on a social networking site 7 years ago. It has always been a long distance relationship. These 7 years has been the most wonderful years of my life so does for her. About 4 months back we had arguments (all from my side : consists of a bit about trust issues, needing more time from her, etc.) and she is broken from it. She didn't discuss her state until now because she had exams last month. I was under impression that we are over it and getting back on track. But now, after her exams she want to end this relationship, she doesn't feel love anymore, she is numb, doesn't want to continue, doesn't feel romantic and doesn't want a future with me. But she also admits that she care for me but not like a lover. This is a big shock to me and I'm unable to deal with this in any way. It's affecting all areas of my life professional, personal everything. I want her to be back as I can't imagine my life without her. I'm sure that she is unhappy too.

Anyone help would be really appreciated.

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:26 am
@MAt1914,
Have you ever met in person?
MAt1914

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:31 am
@jespah,
Sorry didn't mention it. Yup, we have, frequency would 3-4 times a year. It's less but that's the option we have.
jespah

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:08 pm
@MAt1914,
I think it's run out of gas then. And I'm kinda surprised it didn't earlier. Long relationships without tangible commitments (a ring, a living together situation, etc.) are hard. Long-distance relationships are hard. Combine the two and the odds of continuing are not great.

Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. And give some space as you cultivate friendships where you are. Friendships with people of any gender, I might add. Just, have human contact where you live, and live your life. Don't hang around by the computer or the telephone, hoping for a reconciliation. Create your own personal fall-back plan now, because you didn't do it earlier.
MAt1914

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:59 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for your reply .
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:23 am
Did you think this would go on forever? (the LD relationship status)

I would think that something would have happened between you two after seven (!!) years - like one going to live with the other, or at least finding a way to spend more REAL time together.

I have a feeling that's why she's bailed on you.

MAt1914

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 10:07 am
@PUNKEY,
@LD status -- it has to end when we find right time to talk to parents and discuss this stuff.
We both would definitely enjoy real time together but we are from India where her parents will never ever like me because I'm not from same caste, place and religion. Here love takes a back seat to all above things I mentioned.
Not sure what but the arguments we had that prompted her what I've been told.
I wasn't happy with her efforts to make this relationship work out and a bit of insecurities.
MAt1914

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:06 pm
@MAt1914,
To update this thread, Yesterday I met her and it's crystal clear that she has moved on and I've to do the same which I was working on sometime. Hopefully, I will be back on track and she would be happy too.

Thanks guys
0 Replies