China Seizes U.S. Underwater Drone From International Waters

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 09:04 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Unfortunately in the US both the right and the left have unfairly demonized the TPP as something that it isn't.

I think what caught my eye was how neither side seemed to have thought through the economic ramifications of pissing off China.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 09:15 am
@ehBeth,
China isnt pissed off, its an opportunistic nation with long term viiews.
The west has never learned that.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 09:18 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
...the economic ramifications of pissing off China.

America can hold it's breath longer than China.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 09:19 am
@farmerman,
I've posted many times about China and the long game. It's something my grandparents talked about 50 years ago. At the same time, China - like other countries - gets annoyed/pissed off and takes small, immediate actions.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 09:28 am
@ehBeth,
Im more worried about their latest war prep in creating a nest of deep spce missiles to "take out" military and geostationary satellites in the "Golden Arc" at about 20K miles at te first Lagrange station. I hear that newest satellites are going to the major Lagrange station at 180K.

Im sure there will be war sooner or later. Im just concerned that the planet will be decimated
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:22 am
@Frugal1,
Really? They've had The Long March and The Cultural Revolution, you wet your pants when KFC closes down. You were beaten by Vietnam, a third world country.

You don't have a prayer.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:28 am
@izzythepush,
You picked a bad day to drink so much cough syrup.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
Hey, we came in second in the Vietnam War.

Anyway, its a fools argument . NOONE will win a third world war. Itll be nuke winter and dystopia all over. Fuggl is a simple character with low self esteem.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:39 am
@Frugal1,
Parroting a load of hackneyed one liners is no substitute for wit. It just confirms you're completely out of your depth because you can't handle the points raised.

The Chinese have been through considerably harder times than Mercans. They can take it. You can't. Deal with it.

Btw, if you want a loose cannon, you can't get any looser than Kim Jong Un. If North Korea nukes Merca the Chinese have plausible deniability, especially when they shoot Kim Jong Un to shut him up.

Putin won't let his puppet nuke China in response and Merca has no chance against a coordinated Sino/Russian nuclear strike. None whatsoever.

China has all the cards, all of them. You better keep hold of those brown trousers of yours, they're going to come in handy.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:40 am
@farmerman,
It will be terrible, but I'd rather it took place over the Pacific than the Atlantic.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
Once again, izzy fails to impress.
So much failure is associated with the push.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:46 am
@Frugal1,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:52 am
@Frugal1,
Why would I want to impress a sycophant like you? I'm just having a bit of fun making you look very foolish. It's not exactly difficult, you're a born stooge.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 10:55 am
@farmerman,
You're right nobody can win a nuclear war, but a conventional war in the South China Sea will be like Vietnam all over again x10. That's if the Chinese don't decide to trash the dollar.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 11:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That's if the Chinese don't decide to trash the dollar.

I suspect the Chinese will go that route - they don't want to decimate the planet - they want to win.

Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 11:18 am
@ehBeth,
Let them... like I said - America can outlast them, even in our current 0bamanomics weakened condition.
The Trump effect will only make America stronger, so let the Chinese play their little games.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
I dont think a war with China or Russia will be "conventional"> It may start out as such but the losing side would "go nuke" rather quickly.
North Korea has 70 ubmarins, most of them Romeo class (ith screen doors and gas turbines) from the 50's.
Russia and China together hqve bout 135 and the US has 85 (with a huge advantqge in Nuke missile subs). Russias fleet is mostly rusted out and China is the coming leader of the S China Sea. (Japan and Taiwan and India can hold them off but I think wed be sucked in by SEATO treaties).
The ppresent rquest is to build 66 MORE nuke subs. and a huge surface (Target navy). Surface vessels are getting outdated , even carriers couldn't last long with attack sub packs firing ballistic missiles(not cruise) from 500 miles away.

Remember, you hear limited capability reports from Russia Chin and Iran. You dont hear it all and you generally hear NOTHING about what weve got in the pipeline. NOBODY knew about stealth helicopters till we killed bin Laden. We may already have MIRV satellites in orbit and Im mostly scared qt giving some impulsive douche bag like Trump, the "fooball"

Speculation is mine
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:33 pm
@Frugal1,
You're delusional. Vague platitudes are all you have. You need to wake up.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:35 pm
@farmerman,
It depends where said dispute is. If it remains limited to the South China Sea?Taiwan that's one thing, but if it reaches either homeland it will be something else entirely. Only a fool would try to call China's bluff.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 02:36 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm wide awake in America.
Where are you, and why do you not make sense of things?