America's retaliation against Russian hacking.

layman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I thought you had my ass on "ignore," eh, Al? Ya back to lyin again, that it?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:30 pm
@layman,
Sue me. I love to make you look more ignorant with every stupid post you have the temerity to write.
old europe

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:40 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
As one journalist aptly put it: "The left takes Trump literally, but not seriously. His supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

It's an astute observation. And while the left may have learned to take him seriously, his supporters still think there's no need to take him literally.

By the way, layman, you're still doing this thing where you reply to a post more than once when you're upset.
layman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:41 pm
@old europe,
Upset, eh? Heh.

Nice try, cheese-eater.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:46 pm
Trump is probably the most accomplished promoter to come down the pike since the great Phineas T. Barnum. The haters just can't bring themselves to give the boy credit.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:50 pm
@old europe,
I think you didn't (or didn't want to) understand the points I made. That's OK with me.

You use quotetation marks in a very strange way - several include statements I have never made, and others were put in a context very obviously different from that in which you found them. I'm not sure what may be your purpose in this, but the result has nothing to do with me or the discussion we were having .

Just what does "interfered with our election" mean? It seems clear to me that the DNC, the Clinton Canpaign and their Media allies were certainly involved in a deliberate, long term conspiracy to "interfere with both the primary and the final election", but some leaks, first from within the DNC itself, exposed that fact. Later the Russians attempted to hack into the e mail servers of both the RNC and the DNC. They failed to penetrate the RNC security systems, but, aided by John Podesta's IT prowess, his impenetrable poassword ("PASSWORD") and his taking the bait in a pishing attack, they succeeded with the DNC ( which had simply ignored repeated alerts from FBI agents monitoring previous attempts ) . There appears to be no cure for stupidity. Following all that, the Russians and Wickileaks released the additional confirmatory evidence.

Just who, I ask you, was tampering with the election process??

I believe the outrage espressed by our feckless President, and the several long overdue retaliatory actions (troops in Poland and the Baltics, etc coming as they did after numerous, far more serious and sucessful Russian and Chinese hacks of Government and defense contractor computer files, - all of which yielded zero comment or action from the President, and coming so late in the game, are far more indicative of pique over his embarassment at the election repudiation than any interest in the security of our country. It appears many of his supporters react that way as well. I don't.

It appears you are not, after all, really looking, for better understanding or an objective examination of the tradeoffs & uncertainties inherent in the forecasts we might be comparing here, and are instead merely grubbing for points. That's your right. I was foolish to think otherwise. However I'm not interested in playing.

georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Sue me. I love to make you look more ignorant with every stupid post you have the temerity to write.

Cicerone, that was both offensive and childish. I've known you for a long time, but I'm very disappointed in you. You haven't made anyone here look ignorant and stupid other than yourself. and you did that very well indeed.

Be a man and apologize.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:04 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Be a man and apologize.
I suppose, there are a few others who should apologise before.
layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Me, I'm kinda with Trump. Don't NEVER apologize.
Builder

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:07 am
@layman,
I understand why Trump got in.

Why apologise for the misgivings of others?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:08 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Me, I'm kinda with Trump. Don't NEVER apologize.

Well, not sincerely, I mean, ya know?:

Quote:
“APOLOGIZE, v.t.: To lay the foundation for a future offense.” (Ambrose Bierce)
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:22 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Just what does "interfered with our election" mean?

Is that a philosophical question?

It's the exact language used by U.S. intelligence services when referencing the Russian-directed cyberattacks on American political institutions. For example here:

Quote:
Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security

For Immediate Release
DHS Press Office

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

[...]

That's a pre-election joint statement by DHS and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Since then, much stronger worded statements have been released, yet here you are, debating even the generally accepted fact - including by Republicans in Congress - that Russia interfered in the U.S. elections.

What's up with your intransigent denials on this issue? Or, to go back to your earlier statement: what would meet your test, what would it take you just to acknowledge Russian interference in the elections? Which sources wouldn't you dismiss as "overstated categorical nonsense", as you put it?
layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:29 am
@old europe,
Typical of you to think that the arbitrary assignment of some noun to an event factually determines it's actual significance, eh, Yurp?

THE "EXACT LANGUAGE," I TELLZYA!!

http://able2know.org/topic/352956-38#post-6344794
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:47 am
It's really sad that these politically appointed agency heads have shamed the intelligence community with their leaks and lies and thereby aroused public distrust of them, eh?

The same guys who pressured their agents to understate the threat of ISIS, so as to conform to Obama's false claims about them.

The same guys who said that the Benghazi assault was a "spontaneous" response to a video that offended muslims.

The same guys who assured us that NASA was not spying on Americans.
old europe

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:57 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
The same guys who assured us that NASA was not spying on Americans.

Nah, you're right. I've always been suspicious of NASA, layman.

Also, you're multiposting again. Why don't you take a moment to calm down?
layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 01:18 am
@old europe,
Kinda funny that you think someone who doesn't bust in with a sensenationalistic, frenetic, hysterical, breathless, long-ass diarherra of the mouth post predicting imminent doom needs to "calm down," eh?

More better to talk to your commie homeboys, doncha think?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 01:48 am
Well, you CAN'T take Trump seriously if you take him literally, and vice versa. The guy is constantly lying, bragging and exagerating. It makes for a good show, a permanent SNL.
layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 01:48 am
@Olivier5,
Exactly, Ollie.

Trump is a promoter to whom hyperbole is second nature. But just because he overstates things, that doesn't mean there is no truth to any of them.

But, best of all, it's entertaining.
Builder

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 02:00 am
@layman,
Quote:
But, best of all, it's entertaining.

Best of all, for mine, is that it's not that pscyho bitch doing the BSing. She's packing up the "foundation" I heard. Must be something in that.
layman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 02:13 am
@Builder,
Well, yeah, good point, there, Builda.