America's retaliation against Russian hacking.

layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:43 pm
Do voter ID laws suppress the black vote?

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:00 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

You guys always think you are having a debate when all it really is, is opinions.

Is there anyone here, yourself included, who does any differently????

I'm not calling any of this a debate. Keep up.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:10 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm not calling any of this a debate. Keep up.

Then what the hell are you saying?? You appear to be confused.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:16 pm
@georgeob1,
Expressing an opinion or voicing a concern does not a debate make, unless you want to call everything on A2K as debate. But if you do, then you don't know the definition of debate. Why is everything so difficult for you?
layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:21 pm
@georgeob1,
Give her some credit, eh, George? She is making no pretense to "debating." At least she seems to have some self-awareness.

As it commonly known, most of her posts here, to the extent they have any meaningful content at all, consist of hysterical emotive personal attacks.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:34 pm
@glitterbag,
None of us claimed we were having a debate. I would term it a conversation.
In that context you challenged us claiming that;
[/quote]You guys always think you are having a debate when all it really is, is opinions. [/quote]
I answered suggesting that that's the norm here, or to be exact " Is there anyone here, yourself included, who does any differently????

Now you again remind me that expressing an opionion does not constitute a debate.

Having a bad day?

Only Debra imagines the dialogue here a formal debate in which she alone gets to make the rules and define the topic (though Blatham occasionally pulls that stuff too). I don't do that.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:28 pm
@Olivier5,
What was damaging was releasing misinformation days before the election by the all American FBI. By all American I mean conservative controlled.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 12:09 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob, sometimes you make my head hurt. MY comment about debate was an answer to Baldimo who claims this is a debate. You are not the only person barking commands. Once again, you seem to over complicate everything in an irritating fussbudget manner. You work way to hard to characterize all the others as dim or confused. It's not an attractive feature george, you look desperate.

And I don't get your fixation on Debra. I see she takes each point or evasion you make and simply sorts them out in an effort to keep the conversation coherent. But if coherent makes you feel vulnerable, then your duck and weave makes perfect sense. Also, I don't interact with Debra (no particular reason) but she does manage to dust out the cobwebs from your rambling travels thru conversation. I don't think she is imposing anything. You use that complaint whenever you suspect someone disagrees with you. You seem to be terminally cranky.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:35 am
@layman,
Okay so all you got is one (alledged) survey. Nothing on those (alledged) 3 ml aliens voted for HRC in Cali yet?

Keep diggin'
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:42 am
@layman,
Quote:
Congress passed a national voter registration act about 10 years ago. Obama has refused to enforce it and, as a result, about 23 states have never complied with it. That will change once Trump takes office.

It has ALREADY changed thanks to the magic of fact-checking. The national voter registration act dates from 1993, waaay before Obama's terms. Did W refuse to enforce it? Not even, because that's not the way it works in the US: the judiciary is supposed to enforce the law, not the executive.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:45 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

What was damaging was releasing misinformation days before the election by the all American FBI. By all American I mean conservative controlled.

Yes, that cut deep. Intell agencies have become king makers.
layman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:52 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

... that's not the way it works in the US: the judiciary is supposed to enforce the law, not the executive.

Ollie, I'm not sure you could ever make another statement which shows more clearly just how extensive your lack of knowledge is. You apparently don't comprehend even the most elementary principles of civics.
Builder

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:05 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Intell agencies have become king makers.

Become? LOL. Heard of operation ajax?

And I'll say it again, for the slow learners, expat Australian Rupert Murdoch has been using his media empire to influence elections for three decades plus.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 04:14 am
@Builder,
Indeed, the US has long done it to others. Now their intel agencies are just extending tbis modus operandi to their own political elites, and the Russians are doing it to the US too. Nothing new, just chickens coming home to roost.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 04:24 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

... that's not the way it works in the US: the judiciary is supposed to enforce the law, not the executive.

Ollie, I'm not sure you could ever make another statement which shows more clearly just how extensive your lack of knowledge is. You apparently don't comprehend even the most elementary principles of civics.

Why don't you explain them principles to me then? Try and use simple words. :-)

Also try and 'splain how a 1993 piece of legislation could possibly date from "10 years ago" and depend on Obama for its implementation, as opposed to Bill Clinton (who signed the bill into law) and then George W Bush.

You think you have enough imagination to talk your way out of that **** hole you dug? Let us see what you got.
layman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 10:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Why don't you explain them principles to me then? Try and use simple words. :-)

If that's what you're looking for, try opening a third grade civics book, eh?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 10:53 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
MY comment about debate was an answer to Baldimo who claims this is a debate.

If we are only offering opinion, why such a heavy demand for evidence of ones opinion? If you want evidence of facts for ones opinion, you move from "just a conversation" into debate.

https://magic.piktochart.com/output/6911315-debate-vs-conversation
According to this website, we tend to be more debate than conversation.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:11 am
@layman,
Quote:
If that's what you're looking for, try opening a third grade civics book, eh?

I was hoping you would be bold enough to tell me what I missed. Apparently you can't, huh?
layman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Also try and 'splain how a 1993 piece of legislation could possibly date from "10 years ago" and depend on Obama for its implementation, as opposed to Bill Clinton (who signed the bill into law) and then George W Bush.

YOU are talking about laws designed to increase voter registration. I am not. I am referring to more recent legislation (after 2000) which set minimum standards for voter identification (not registration)
glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@Baldimo,
Please explain to georgeob, he's taking objection with your opinion about calling this a debate.

And as to why do people ask for proof in a discussion forum? people like to know if they are talking to someone who can tell the truth not simply repeat nonsense. If you just repeat every crackpot notion you hear, then you are involved in a bullshit session, not a debate or a conversation.
0 Replies