What I can do to Reduce the Effect of Climate Change in the Future

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 11:32 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
My new place will have solar panels & small wind turbines, my plan is to go off the grid, but only as I can afford to do so. No government assistance required, or wanted.

I looked into wind for my off grid shack in CO but it definitely didn't look economical at small scale. That was 10 years, things may have changed.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 11:43 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
That was 10 years, things may have changed.

10 years in modern science is like a couple of millenia of old science
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 11:47 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
10 years in modern science is like a couple of millenia of old science

In electronics & silicon materials that's true, but with iron hardware it's slower, and wind generators are mostly hardware.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 09:20 am

100% Of US Warming Is Due To NOAA Data Tampering
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 10:04 am
@Frugal1,
Zero percent is due to data tampering, you aRe as usual out of your mind frug. The data comes from different sources around the world checked by different people anddiffereni scientific bodies around the world and it all says the sme thing. Global warming is real and it' happening. Read the IPCC Summary for Pollicymakers, whichcites a lot of the reseakrch which shows that, and it' written at a level even you can probably understand.
farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 10:23 am
@MontereyJack,
I dont think you can convince fugg'l of the logic of your argument when he is knowingly clipping only lies and other propaganda from a known "climate denial" site.
His mind is hopelessly closed , because it sounds like he disdains anything that has to do with education.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 10:42 am

Poor little liberals, they can't handle the facts - they are bound by party
talking points, they are not allowed to consider unaltered scientific data.

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 01:22 pm
@Frugal1,
Everything you say isa denialist talking pointsnd not even the more sophjisticated ones. The science is clear. There aremultiple indepemndently derived lines of evidence whivch reinfoorce each other. You are flatly wrong. Th warming is real.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 01:26 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Beijing is a good example of man made carbon in the air and how it's affecting their citizens.

https://icapcarbonaction.com/en/?option=com_etsmap&task=export&format=pdf&layout=list&systems%5B%5D=53
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 02:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've never been to Los Angeles, but I've seen pictures of what it was like back in the eighties. Probably a lot like Beijing is now. A lot of local pollution, mostly from cars and industry. The haze in the air is some combination of nitric acid, sulfuric acid, unburned hydrocarbons and particulates. The actual carbon in the form of carbon dioxide is invisible and in low concentrations is not toxic. The problem with it is that it reflects (or is opaque to) infrared radiation. It acts like an insulating layer, trapping heat near the surface.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 02:39 pm
@TomTomBinks,
It used to be the same in San Jose, CA. I used to travel a lot back in those days, and saw the smog flying into San Jose airport. Glad to say, that's now history. We still have restrictions on using our fireplace, but I don't mind that at all.

Also read recently that our city, Sunnyvale, was rated #1 safest city in the country.

https://smartasset.com/mortgage/safest-cities-in-america
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2016 02:08 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1Be82gUcAEDLIx.jpg:large
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 01:46 pm
@Frugal1,
The thing about Al Gore is that he was RIGHT. Twenty years ago he told EVERYBODY that if they believed in the capitalist system they should invest in green economic opportunities, because the world was getting warmer and they would burgeon. HE FOLLOWED HIS OWN ADVICE AND MADE A LOT OF MONEY, becauee the world has in fact warmed, and continues to do so, just as he and the science said it would. Too bad you've spent your time dissing what is obvious to more perceptive people, frugal. You too could be a lot richer. You should have listened to Al years ago.
Frugal1

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 01:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
AlGore did get rich by ripping off millions of people by scamming them with his climate hoax. Very similar to how the Clinton Crime Family operates.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 02:04 pm
@Frugal1,
Man, you really are a kneejerk parrot of right wing claptrap, aren't you. Al Gore was right, the climate scientists are right, the climate models are right. NASA and NOAA are right. Every major scientific association in the world is right. You as usual have zero idea of what you're talking about.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 02:52 pm
@TomTomBinks,
LA was visually worse in the fifties; I'm not sure re data otherwise (I was born there in the 40's, lived there off and on until the late 90's) . I think Beijing is worse, visually and otherwise, but don't know that for sure.
Frugal1

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 03:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
I hit a nerve with MJ, he is questioning all that he knows to be true.

Maybe there is hope for MJ after all.
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 03:25 pm
@Frugal1,
hes not questioning anything you idiot, hes trying to probe your dense skull with some facts.

You are really quite dim, you know that??
Frugal1

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
I really don't have any hope for you, farmer.
No, I don't believe you are one of the saveable.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 04:51 pm
@ossobucotemp,
The closest I ever came to smog was in Phoenix, Az. in the late eighties. It only happened once in a while when there was no wind at all. If you looked across the city you could see a brown haze hanging over everything. There are mountains all around Phoenix which make for awesome views!