teen diets

megancoleman08

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:57 pm
@jespah,
oh ok thanx i thought it had fiber ,srry,what does it have in it?
-<3 megancoleman08
megancoleman08

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 12:02 am
@skittles105,
listen your couzin only makes you feel that way cause hes insecure himself just ignore him and try to KILL HIM WITH KINDNESS!it means the nicer you are to him the mader he'll get but any ways i hope you come over your problem and dont go on a diet just cause he calls you fat if you don think your overweight then dont go on a diet and just listen it might hel-<3 always 1&only-megancoleman08
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:00 am
@megancoleman08,
Hi megan!

Most meats have protein, iron and fat. Good stuff (even fat is okay, long as you don't have too much of it, particularly cholesterol and saturated fat -- and you should really have 0 trans fats in your diet), mostly. One issue a lot of people have with meat is portions. Another can be how it's prepared, as too much salt or things that have been really burned aren't so great for you.

Everything in moderation. Good to see that you're curious about this.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 11:56 pm
thanx soooo much jespa ,you really did help,but is their one more question can you answer?is their anyway i can lose 10 lbs. in 2 weeks or less?
jespah

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:11 am
@megancoleman08,
It's very difficult.

I started off at 346. I now weigh 231 and am still losing. I don't think I lost 5 lbs. in one week more than maybe one time. Trust me, you don't want to be doing that -- you'd just be miserable and would not keep it off. If, instead, you try for 10 lbs. in 6 months by changing your lifestyle -- eating less junk, exercising more, making a few of your meals -- not only will you be a lot happier doing it, you should be able to keep it off.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:05 pm
thanx again jespa,i asked that to about everything theyll all said the same thing, iam excersisng hard for 2hrs a day and am on a fat free diet ,and eating lots of carbs cause im 14 and need energy,but any tips on what ican eat?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:28 pm
The basic realities are the same for women and girls as for men and boys. Muscle tissue burns fat even just sitting around. Worry less about dieting and more about turning some of the fat into muscle, and you'll be ahead of the game. Find some sort of an old fashioned weightlifting gym and join it. In the mid Atlantic region at least that's usually Golds. Places like Ballies which specialize in treadmills are for people who want to delude themselves into believing they're exercising.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:31 pm
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/Katie.jpg

Katie Sandwina in her late teens or early twenties, image from the late 1800s or early 1900s. One of the strongest women ever to walk the Earth and, in her age, one of the prettiest.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:31 am
thank you alote 4 the pic i am very strong i can almost beat my 6'3 uncle hes 35 and i get insecure of my strength everybodys always saying how i dont realize how strong i am ,and thanx for taking your time and looking up the pic for me i appreciate it! look marlyn monroe is a curvacious tall woman or was ,

0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:35 am
http://www.marilynmonroe.com/about/photos/dienes_photos.htm
hers umm photos of her!
gungasnake

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:53 am
@megancoleman08,
Marilyn Monroe wasn't really big or overly strong to my knowledge.

The way to being a screen star is usually rocky. I saw an interview with her once and she said that she spent the first five or six years working in three-stooges type movies, pie fights, getting thrown out a window into a pool and all sorts of stuff like that, she said it was amazing she'd survived it.

People I talk to about being rock and roll stars say the same thing more or less, and that even for the people whose names are up in lights it's usually a number of years before they ever start doing any better than breaking even as far as money, and that it's good to get out of it not too long after your 30'th birthday.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:52 pm
what do you mean rocky ,im tall and i really wanna be a moddle,actor or singer ,i just wanna be in show buisness i dont wanna be another hanna montana or demi lavada i wanna be me , i just dont really wanna tell my parents cause they critasise me they think all to life is softball,basketball,i went online to this thing called james or jackson or somthing but any ways i enterd my info(dont worry not to much) they called my cell but my parents were around i really want an addition how do i tell them,all they say is your too big too be good (not fat just tall )they think that if i do it thers no way im ever gonna be a big star cause if every body else wants to be one and i dont have a chance cause there is millions of people who wanna be a star ,HELP!ps.i do like sports but i really want to do this 2
gungasnake

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 11:04 pm
@megancoleman08,
Quote:
,all they say is your too big too be good ....

One thing you should understand about being big and which you will not learn in highschool.....

You will spend your entire life dealing with a thing called the square/cube problem, meaning that you will NEVER have the power/weight ratio which smaller people sometimes have, no matter what you do. You simply have to deal with it.

What the s/c problem means is that weight is proportional to volume, which is a cubed figure, while strength is basically proportional to cross section of bone and muscle, which is a squared figure, and every other measure of efficiency is similararly proportional to some other sort of squared figure.

That means that if you were to double your physical dimensions, you'd have a factor of two which would get figured three times for volume and hence weight (width * breadth * height) but only twice for cross section of muscle and bone which behaves like the pi*r-squared thing from geometry; in other words, you'd be eight times heavier and only four times stronger. You'd have cut your power to weight ratio in half.

That is basically why you don't see people much over 150 lbs or thereabouts doing gymnastics.

Particularly in the case of girls and women you need to be proportionally stronger than your smaller comrades just to compete on an equal basis.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:03 am
@megancoleman08,
Megan, please do not give your contact information to any
on-line site, especially your cell number. People will sell your number to others and you will get all kinds of calls from bad and annoying people.

If you want to be in show business you need to have a legitimate manager and only your parents can arrange that because of your age. If you want to be an actress you should take acting classes or join a drama group at school. If you want to sing you need to work with a music coach. If you want to be a model, in two years when you are 16, you need for your mom or dad to take very simple digital pictures of you just being yourself. You can send the pictures to legitimate, licensed agencies that your parents can check out. Your body is still in the growing stage and modeling agencies will not be interested until you are more mature physically. You need to be out of this awkward stage before they will even consider you.

I understand your parents are pushing you to be an athlete and you can benefit from the training. Sports will make your stronger, leaner and more graceful - all good traits for what your really want to do. You asked on your other thread about going to the gym 5 days. I think this great and you should take any class you enjoy. They will help you obtain a better, healthier body.

One other thing - you are speaking with grown-ups here and you need to communicate with us like you do with your teachers in school. It is very difficult to read what you write because you do not use standard puncuation. It does not have to be perfect, but we need you to take the time and put in things like periods. It's another thing people will judge you for in life.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:07 am
@megancoleman08,
Quote:
what do you mean rocky

"rocky" means difficult.

I don't think gunga is reading your posts very carefully or he would not be going on the way he is about square cubes and such. It's not an issue for what you want to do.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 02:09 am
thanx and ok i understand but no matter what i dont think impreety enough for anyhting i beeter stay with sports
0 Replies

brelon

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:34 pm
@holister hottie,
yes im 16 an d im 240 250 pounds i play football as a line man people say that i have an excuse but i have flabby man boobs and im very mad when i have to take off my shirt in the locker room no one make front of me but its like i can tell they are inside their heads does any one have a solution
0 Replies

warriorbaby423

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 09:19 am
@Montana,
can you help me too!! im 14.. 135ishh pounds and no one calls me fat.. i just feel i am, im mostly muscle from running, boxing, and lifting weights... but i no my diet needs a change.. i eat like a growing boy... most of the time, please help me!!
0 Replies

maybebaby101

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:40 pm
@holister hottie,
im in the same sitch
only difference is im 160ish...ur def not fat especially if ur username is hollister hottie!lol
0 Replies

flowercloud7

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 03:58 pm
@holister hottie,
When i was 12 I was around 140 pounds. I lost 50 pounds the summer I turned 13. My advice for you is to have the drive. You have to push yourself outside your comfort zone. Excersize does wonders! start out easy. As far as what you eat.... i started watching carbs. makes changes. no fast food no fried food and no fun food ( ice cream and chocolate). Switch to whole grain or multi grain breads. one thing i started doing was easting scrambled egg whites when ever i got hungry because they are virtually all protein. Hope this helps!
0 Replies