I mean, is it legal? Just wondering... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 17,780 • Replies: 6
No top replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
Laws vary from place to place. It has not been illegal anywhere I have lived, to my knowledge.

However, I have not looked up the law, I just have never, ever heard of anyone being ticketed for not having a hood.

If my hood were off my car and I had to go somewhere, I wouldn't sweat it. I'd just go. If I got stopped, I'd take the slap on the wrist and put a hood on.

Well, I'd put a hood on asap anyway to protect the engine and its components from the elements.

General
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:58 pm
It is not a reqirement in colorado or new mexico as far as I know, many hot-rodders are hoodless.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:30 pm
Most places, a street-driven vehicle requires a safely functioning steering system, headlights, tail lights, turn signals, brakes and brake lights, a horn or other audible warning device, seat belts for vehicles with 3 or more wheels, a sealable fuel system, and a muffled exhaust system. The rest is pretty much up to the owner, as long as whatever there is falls within width and length regulations, is mounted securely enough to remain with the vehicle at all times, does not present a hazard to other vehicles, pedestrians, or objects, and doesn't interfere with forward visibility.
0 Replies

wesS

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:55 am
in vermont where i live it is legal to run a car without a hood and doors. I have seen lots of hot rods ricers and street rods without hoods. I have seen jeeps run without doors and the pigs dont say anything
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 07:42 am
No hoods are required over here, but a floral bonnet must be worn if your riding a bike.

Hehe,couldnt resist.
0 Replies

Dineeda

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:49 pm
@harmonic,
It's a very good question just in case you need to make it to the shop after you hood flies off in the middle of the interstate! It's was a great day Smile Me personally I just chanced it for two days until I could get to the junkyard but make sure you have your license, insurance and registration STRAIGHT cuz most cops will pull you just to find out the story.
0 Replies