I feel suddenly lucky that I'm old

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:56 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-pruitt-environmental-protection-agency_us_584856f1e4b0b9feb0dab14f

I'd add some quotes and clips but no thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,403 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 10:16 pm
I read about that. What can I say?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 10:17 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I decided to forsake lamenting about the obvious impending dismantling of environmental protections and labor rights. I've decided instead that I will be simply elated if, at the end of Trump's presidency, when we cross state lines we don't have to show our papers to some guy with a fur hat and Russian accent.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 12:20 am
@Blickers,
Blick, it is hard to know what to do. My vision is of a lot of crashing as inevitable.

Add to this, guns.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 04:13 am
I think a lot of people over generations felt/feel lucky that they are getting older.
Our generation has had it very good. Good chances for education, medical improvements, better retirement than earlier.
Trump certainly is a bad thing for USA and the rest of the world. Hopefully he will be gone in four years - and hopefully forgotten.
Left will be hunger, wars, women´ s and children being treated really bad in certain counties, unemployment on rise, EU falling apart it looks like.
I am thankful for every day when I wake up still feeling fine and full of energy.
Still being able to teach when needed.
Friends from back to childhood and making new friends. What more can one ask for as old.
Blickers

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 10:47 am
@saab,
In fairness, we don't actually know how things are going to go under Trump, that is for the future to reveal. One thing to consider is that he's double-crossed everyone he's ever dealt with, so all his supporters might end up extremely disappointed.

I have no hope for this Administration, so if some good things happen I'll be pleasantly surprised. Like I said, throughout his life he has loved to go the other way from what he said he was going to do, so possibly in four years we might find we had a centrist all along. I dare not hope, but it's possible. Meanwhile, I'll be happy if we don't have to show our papers to a Russian apparatchik when we cross state lines.
roger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 02:17 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

One thing to consider is that he's double-crossed everyone he's ever dealt with, so all his supporters might end up extremely disappointed.

Won't matter. There are always more craving the spotlight that only the president give.

On the other, I would have expected more intrusion into our personal lives with Clinton.
0 Replies