Super massive black holes

Ta-Da

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 12:41 pm
Is it possible that the super massive black holes we see could predate the big bang?

Is it possible that there could be a point at which a black holes mass reachs a critical size and the gravity of the black hole is overpowered by the energy that is held within it? That critical mass being the mass of the visible universe?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 207 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 02:03 pm
@Ta-Da,
Ta, very close to my own theory, for which there is negligible support. Yet as The Big Crunch sets in, the Universe of course grows smaller and smaller, and at the same time of course more massive. I'd guess there's a critical mass for the next Big Bang

The immediate q of course is, how big that mass. Incidentally you make ref to it as "the visible universe," and yet there's no sure reson to suppose there's anything outside it since it's obvious to many of us tht there simply isn't an outside

At that instant all the rules could change, the idea of "zero," "dimension," and "mass" disappearing into a sort of nothingness, with implication that "nothing" is what's so unstable, that there simply can't be "nothing," in present sense

Or my notion complete nonsense
Ta-Da

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 02:59 pm
@dalehileman,
This is probably completely wrong, but in my mind a black hole is a ball of energy held together by the gravity of its own mass. The energy can't get out because of the gravity and everything that falls into it will be accelerated to the speed of light on its way in, and anything accelerated to the speed of light is energy. If a black hole with the mass of 1000 billion milky way galaxies wanders into a black hole of similar mass, big bang. Maybe there is no big crunch or big freeze, but instead a universe far beyond what we can see, that is constantly recycled by gigantic gravity engines that eat everything until they reach a certain mass, become unstable, and puke out a big bang.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 05:12 pm
@Ta-Da,
Quote:
This is probably completely wrong
No, Da, it's almost exactly the way I see it, as I thought I had described above, except that mine is the script of a single repetitive event whereas yours has 'em running into one another

Quote:
a universe far beyond what we can see
Could be but unnecessarily complicates the Whole Shebang
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 05:16 am
@Ta-Da,
I don't think either of those conjectures falls within the parameters of the theory.
Ta-Da

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 08:00 am
@rosborne979,
I'm not asking if they fit other theories. My questions is, are these ideas possible?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 12:59 pm
@Ta-Da,
Quote:
ideas possible?
Yea, Ta, I most heartily endorse notions that don't quite fit yet make sense
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Super massive black holes
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:57:41