What characterises/defines the role of a 'charismatic villain' in film?

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 06:18 am
I'm conducting research for my film A-level and I need to source a reliable answer to this question. Any responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 515 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Skeleton

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 06:39 am
@Adam Derulo,
Take Adolf Hitler for example. He was a motivational speaker and inspired a lot of people to follow him. Just for bad reasons to do awful things.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:04 am
But the Third Reich was not a movie.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:16 am
If we stay within the Third Reich there is Christoph Waltz - a German actor -playin the elite member of Hitler's SS in Nazi-occupied France, Hans Landa
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 10:17 am
I loved the part in the Third Reich when Hitler found out his pizza was going to be late.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 02:54 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I loved the part in the Third Reich when Hitler found out his pizza was going to be late.

Who can forget that scene where he orders the invasion of Poland because they put anchovies on his pizza??
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 04:02 pm
I love the part where he attacks over-strict grammarians: "You guys are like some kind of grammar authorities or some, some kind of grammar... strict police... dammit! What's the word I'm looking for? I'm thinking of an authoritarian regime or something with the streets filled with like uniformed soldiers that arrest people for the slightest offence. It was on the tip of my tongue, god damn it. Well, you know what I mean."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 04:48 am
@Adam Derulo,
A good place to start would be to look at Shakespeare's most loveable rogue Sir John Falstaff. He's a terrible person, but he's witty, irreverent and a bon vivant, all qualities that are admired, (in England at least.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What characterises/defines the role of a 'charismatic villain' in film?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:32:39