Any advice to calm down?

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 08:27 am
I'm having some homicidal thoughts and it's really not helping me sleep. I don't know why, i was feeling fine earlier, now my heart is pounding. Lousy brain is against me now, I guess.

blatham

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 09:06 am
@Skeleton ,
Something is definitely working against you. Have you had or have you considered seeing a professional on what's happening to you? If thoughts are veering to homicide, you'd be making a mistake not getting such help and doing it immediately.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 09:36 am
@Skeleton ,
You need to talk to a professional on base. Don't wait anymore.

http://able2know.org/topic/356468-1#post-6315625
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:38 pm
Call +1-800-273-8255...24 7 365... There's always someone to talk to they can help you work your way through these thoughts.
0 Replies

loardeva

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:18 pm
@Skeleton ,
I think you should talk with a consultant very early.
0 Replies

Skeleton

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:57 pm
@blatham,
I guess I should. It's hard to make that decision, and it's still hard to think about talking about my feelings to someone, I generally don't have trust in anyone. I still have to wait anyway, it's a bad week because my workload is huge and I'm the only one working in the engine room because my coworkers took leave.
blatham

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 02:58 pm
@Skeleton ,
Go ahead and get yourself over to a professional. It's really not nearly so tough to talk to another who's job is to listen and help as you might fear. And there's certainly no good reason to be embarrassed in that decision. I've done it. And as you know, many thousands in the military have as well.

I understand the "bad week" thing but it sounds like this stuff has been troubling you for a while. Have faith in yourself and go see someone.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 03:40 pm
Are u angry because your work load is overwhelming? Who are you angry at?
Skeleton

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:11 pm
@PUNKEY,
It's not just work, there's this guy at work who pisses me off and gets in my grill unprovoked.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:53 pm
@Skeleton ,

don't let him get to you... be the bigger man...
Skeleton

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 02:04 am
@Region Philbis,
I do my best to ignore him for the most part, but suppressing my frustration is getting harder. I occasionally have outbursts at work that end up in self harm, accidental mostly, but rarely I just beat my head until it's sore.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 04:34 am
@Skeleton ,

OK, you've got to find a more productive way to vent that frustration... something that doesn't involve bodily harm...
Skeleton

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 04:40 am
@Region Philbis,
I draw morbid comics
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 04:44 am
@Skeleton ,

good.

and before you know it, the A-hole at your job will move on... A-holes have a tendency to not stay put for too long...
Skeleton

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 05:22 am
@Region Philbis,
Maybe when he leaves the ship. I dunno, he's kept it up for months.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 04:15 pm
@Skeleton ,
Skeleton wrote:

I draw morbid comics

That's a good outlet.

But getting counseling from medical professionals isn't a sign of weakness.

This coming from a Gulf War vet who attends weekly sessions of therapy at the VA.
Skeleton

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 08:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
I know it's not a sign of weakness, it's just a difficult thing for me to do. I've spent my whole life being mostly silent and bottling my emotions, not even my parents ever sat me down to talk about how I felt, about anything. And whenever I tried, they dismissed me, and cut me off, and made my decisions for me. I tremble whenever I think about opening up to people, even my friends, and I hide my feelings on instinct. That's why I vent online. It's easier with the anonymity and lack of speaking or body language.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you for posting that, Tsar. I am hoping Skeleton will weather the routine negatives tossed around here.
Of course he can, but I want you, Skeleton, to know you have listeners.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:03 pm
@Skeleton ,
Skeleton wrote:
I occasionally have outbursts at work that end up in self harm, accidental mostly, but rarely I just beat my head until it's sore.

listen to the tsar

he gets it more than most of us
0 Replies

Skeleton

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Thanks Smile