Need different opinions about some girl I think is weird

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:59 pm
So I´m going a out with a friend (still knowing her) and this girl for some reason told me she still has 4 engagement rings she got from her ex-boyfriends, she traveled to my country where I met her, but she brought as well the 4 engagement rings. Also she still has in her Facebook all photos with all her ex-boyfriends. She comes from a very rich family, and her boyfriends have been rich as well (when I say rich I mean millionaires ).

She also told me that according her she has never been in love so it´s not a problem at all to talk to her ex-boyfriends and that the only time she felt in love was like 4 months ago when she was going out with her best friend, they banged but then she was about to leave her country and the the guy lost all interest in her.

So I would like to have different opinions because there are somethings which I find very strange to me, but maybe some of you think is pretty normal or something. Thanks!

roger

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:21 am
@juanspkhell,
She's never been in love and she collects engagement rings. I don't think I would be much interested in her, but get her another engagement ring if you feel like it. Unless I miss my guess, she will soon be showing some other five engagement rings.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 02:13 am
Where I come from, it is usual to return an engagement ring if the wedding is called off and the relationship finishes. No decent girl would hang on to a ring. Of course, where I come from, these days engagements are seen as old fashioned.

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:44 am
@contrex,
Actually, it depends on who ends it. If he does, at least under the law in some areas (laws differ on this - yes, really! We studied this in law school), then she gets to keep it. And of course if he says it's okay for her to keep it, then that's fine.

I'm thinking this young woman wants to get a full matching set. She needs an engagement ring for her thumb.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:47 am
In Britain, at one time engagement rings, and other engagement gifts from third parties, were liable to be considered 'conditional gifts' and could therefore be the subject of a court action for recovery. The expenses of a court action might have been justified in the case of an expensive ring or gift (such as property or land). However in the early 1970s the law in Scotland and also England and Wales was expressly amended to make engagement rings 'unconditional gifts'. Other gifts could , it was felt, be safely left to the existing laws on unjustified enrichment.

I believe different states in the USA have varying laws on this. Some states have 'fault based' laws where the ring does not have to be given back to the giver, if that person was responsible for the break-up. Others, including Kansas, have a blanket approach where the ring always goes back. The Kansas Supreme Court said in 1999 that in many cases it was impossible or very difficult to prove 'fault' on one side or the other, and quoted some examples of reasons given:

Nothing in common

Cannot stand prospective in-laws

Minor child hostile towards prospective step-parent

Adult child will not accept prospective step-parent

Pets do not get along

Too hasty in proposing or accepting the proposal

A rebound situation which is now regretted

Untidy habits that irritate the other

Religious differences

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 07:00 am
Great list.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 07:43 am
You'd think that checking out pet compatibility would be done at an early stage of a relationship, but then I am a long way from Kansas.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:02 pm
@contrex,
Back in the day when I got engaged on occasion, the word was to make sure you got engaged on Christmas or your birthday - then the ring would be considered a gift not specifically tied to the engagement and there was no requirement to return it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:06 pm
@juanspkhell,
I'm actually not sure what the unusual/weird thing is that you think you're asking about.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:19 pm
What I find weird, unusual and unpleasant is the girl's fondness for trophies, the fact that she has been "engaged" four times yet never in love, and her apparent cold-blooded self-centredness. Maybe it's because she is from a rich family, although I have met people like her whose families were not rich.

Krumple

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 02:18 pm
@juanspkhell,
juanspkhell wrote:

So I´m going a out with a friend (still knowing her) and this girl for some reason told me she still has 4 engagement rings she got from her ex-boyfriends, she traveled to my country where I met her, but she brought as well the 4 engagement rings. Also she still has in her Facebook all photos with all her ex-boyfriends. She comes from a very rich family, and her boyfriends have been rich as well (when I say rich I mean millionaires ).

She also told me that according her she has never been in love so it´s not a problem at all to talk to her ex-boyfriends and that the only time she felt in love was like 4 months ago when she was going out with her best friend, they banged but then she was about to leave her country and the the guy lost all interest in her.

So I would like to have different opinions because there are somethings which I find very strange to me, but maybe some of you think is pretty normal or something. Thanks!

Poor girls collect movie and concert ticket stubs to remember ex's by while rich girls collect diamond rings and sport cars.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 02:49 pm
Juan
Do you think you are the one who will finally control her? She really is trying to challenge you!

Be very careful and realize you are being seduced . She wants you to be her next ex!
0 Replies

juanspkhell

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 03:24 pm
@contrex,
Thanks mate, I was starting to feel I was the only one who was thinking that way
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 03:53 pm
Of course, we only have a partial picture; you are the one on the spot. In her culture it may be normal to keep engagement rings; also the engagements may have been arranged for her. She may be very unhappy underneath - for someone who has never been in love she shows a big interest in the topic of love and its symbols.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 04:07 pm
Whichever it is, cold hearted ice queen, or poor little lonely rich girl, (or maybe a mixture of these) - be careful!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Need different opinions about some girl I think is weird
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:25:17