Met the girl of my dreams, it ended, can we fix things?

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:53 pm
Around July this year, I met a girl at uni, we lived in the same unit for a couple of days before she was moved to another one. But I had added her on Facebook so I was still able to talk to her. Over the next month her and I talked everyday, we would see each other basically from mon-thurs when she would line on campus, she went home over the weekends so I couldn't see her then but I would talk to her everyday over faceboook as she wouldn't get much reception at home. (She's a single mother of 2 by the way). She's had 2 serious relationships and both times she was hurt the 1st was with the father of her 2 children who she still has to see every week because his parents practically raised her as their daughter since she was in primary so they live in the same home. Her next relationship she felt like she was content with it that if he had asked her to marry him she would have said yes. She's 22 dated the 1st guy for about 4yrs and the next guy on off for about 2 I think. Both relationships broke her. Anyway on the 30th of September I told her how I felt and we started seeing each other, we kept between us and our sibling because she was unsure as to whether I would be able to handle her hectic/complicated family life and the fact that she had two kids. So we weren't fully set in stone yet until she felt comfortable enough that I would stick around I guess. Anyways we lasted about 3 weeks things were great, we ended things on a Wednesday but the Thursday before things were so good to me, there was a moment when she was coming down the stairs and I scared her and she almost kicked but she ended up just putting her arms around me and I carried her off the stairs it was awesome because I felt like she was a bit more closed off before.

Anyways that night she drove home and when she got home we talked for awhile till she distant reply to my message and from then on the replies weren't so good we probably sent roughly 25 messages over that entire weekend. She ended Things because she was not over issues with her exes and being in a relationship brought all that back. So she felt she needed to deal with that and couldn't be with anyone right now. We barely talk now and I've brought it up but her life at home is actually pretty damn busy and I felt like it was just an excuse but she actually barely talked to her best friend too and other people have trouble talking to her, so I believe her, she a single mum plus her family is kinda dependant on her (she has like 11 brother and sisters) so I believe her. I asked whether when we ended thing if we shut the door on us romantically (we are still friends), she didn't have a definite yes or no answer but she also said she doesn't expect me to put my life on hold and all she knows is she's not ready to be with anyone now. It's been over a month and a half since we ended and I know that I want to be with her hectic life and all and her kids are awesome and I would love to be a part of their lives too.

I know if I wait for her I might get hurt but I would rather be hurt than move on and find out that after she dealt with everything she still wants to be with me but since I've moved on that would hurt her.

I guess what I want to know is when she deals with things do I wait for her to tell me? Will she even tell me?( like do people mention that) or will I have to ask her down the track whether she has dealt with everything and would consider trying with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 456 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 08:08 pm
@Chocolatedroppa,
Chocolatedroppa wrote:
we are still friends

how are you defining friends?

do you see her for coffee occasionally? do you assist each other with course work? what makes you friends?
Chocolatedroppa

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 08:16 pm
@ehBeth,
At the moment, we can't see eachh other as she's back home for holidays. She plays netball sometimes near where I live so about 2 weeks ago she thought had text to come to her game (text the wrong number as her phone was going flat and she enter a the number incorrectly into her sisters phone, she didn't realize until they waited for hours and texted the number again "thanks for coming" and someone else texted back). She also came to a football thing I had to play in for a work, it was a day tournament and she brought some of her brothers and sisters we ended up having lunch for hours with her brothers sisters too.

Yesterday she messaged me about her favourite brothers girlfriend going into labour
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 11:14 pm
@Chocolatedroppa,
Quote:
Over the next month her and I talked everyday

Over the next month, she and I talked every day.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 01:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
Over the next month her and I talked everyday

Over the next month, she and I talked every day.

Cicerone imposter? Why are you talking to this guy's BFF/potential girlfriend? Surprised Are you trying to undermine this guy's chances to get out of the friendzone? Shocked
0 Replies

Rafan90

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 12:13 pm
@Chocolatedroppa,
It all depends on the main factor: if You love her - You will find a way to fix all
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Met the girl of my dreams, it ended, can we fix things?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:54:54