I never get sick why?

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:12 pm
I am 31 years old. I smoke and drink everyday. I have only had the flu 1 time in 16 years and it only lasted 3 days, I also have never had a flu shot. Why do i never get sick. I have never broken a bone and all cuts heal 5x faster than anyone that I know.

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:16 pm
@alchemygear,
Maybe you're a robot.
alchemygear

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
I am human I am just wondering why?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:22 pm
@alchemygear,
alchemygear wrote:
all cuts heal 5x faster than anyone that I know.

how did you verify this?

__

In any case, nothing you've described seems unusual for someone in their early 30's.
alchemygear

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:32 pm
@ehBeth,
I have not ben to a docctor since I was 15. I had no reason to as I said I never get sick.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:33 pm
@alchemygear,
Clearly an import from another planet.

Truth is you've been lucky thus far.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:52 pm
@alchemygear,
so? it's not that big a deal.

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:55 pm
@alchemygear,
Quote:
I smoke and drink everyday.
maybe ease off, if you want to maintain your no-doctor-visits streak...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 03:16 pm
I certainly get far fewer fewer colds and flu these days, and I do heal quickly. I smoke and drink. For about 25 years I have been taking care to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and avoid junk food. I eat organic as much as possible. I am sure that has something to do with it.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 05:33 pm
@alchemygear,
You're Wolverine's second cousin twice removed?

BTW:
Why are you asking a bunch of skeptical strangers about this?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 05:53 pm
@alchemygear,
Chem, I haven't had a full-board headache now for some 65 years. Bet it's gonna be a big'n
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 06:20 pm
@contrex,
I smoked heavily, very heavily, and so did others in our lab, all so long ago. I quit cold twice (I can read) and the second time it took. The trick? I got this from a lab person who was actually nutso, to keep a box of toothpicks at hand, use the toothpic like a cig. I did that, twice, using them for a week or two, silly even then, but a good small crutch. The first effort collapsed when my boss sat next to me in an endless meeting about urology and I asked for one of his, not my brand but close enough.
(no, I didn't use a toothpick in the meeting)

What I liked after this smokerama life of mine was over was enjoying air.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

so? it's not that big a deal.

Exactly.

I'm 58 and have never broken any bones, been in the hospital, and I've had the flu 2 or 3 times. Although I do always get flu shots.

During my heavy drinking and smoking days, which I stopped right around 30, all my blood work was excellent, and my weight was 10 pounds over when I was in high school. Of course during high school you are not entirely physcially grown.

I'm certainly different from when I was 30, but still a lot healthier than a lot of people

To the OP, if you haven't been to the doctor since 15 because "you haven't felt sick" You're cheating yourself.

You could have high blood sugar or even diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or any number of things that will effect you later on, if you don't get a handle on it now.

You would probably have no idea by the way you feel if you had an issue that should be addressed and it could be a real problem in the future.

It's really not at all impressive you're in good shape at 30. Especially in this day and age. Sorry to burst your bubble.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:37 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
To the OP, if you haven't been to the doctor since 15 because "you haven't felt sick" You're cheating yourself.

the main reason I see a doctor very occasionally is so someone will know what my healthy baseline is (and to remind the docs that my normal body temperature is slightly lower than the expected norm). I haven't gone to a doc for illness reasons for many years.

As I'll be 60 next year, I expect to see docs more frequently than I did in my 30's/40's/50's but being healthy in one's 30's? pffffffffft
chai2

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Maybe he's this guy...

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 08:49 pm
@ehBeth,
I get an annual physical, and see the doc for kidney failure 2-3 times a year. At 81, I still feel pretty healthy. I have no physical restrictions.
0 Replies

alchemygear

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:19 am
I do eat heathy I have not drank soda in 15 years. I only eat meat 1 time a week. I get about 1500 calories a day and I walk 15 miles a week. I get 40+ grams of fiber and drink carnation breakfest drink along with aa cup of prune juice a day. I also eat high fiber oatmeal everyday. I also eat tone tone sallt.
0 Replies

loardeva

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:04 am
@alchemygear,
May you are not a normal human!
0 Replies

loardeva

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:06 am
@MontereyJack,
I am absolutely agree with you! Very Happy
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:06 am
Eat a lot of garlic?

I remember talking to a guy about the benefits of garlic. He told me about someone who ate whole bulb of garlic-raw-every day. The guy never got sick. The person I was talking to did say that you could smell the guy's garlic when you got near him.

I remember thinking that maybe the guy is so healthy because nobody wants to get near him, so he doesn't catch anything.

1. Forums
  2. » I never get sick why?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:42:13