4

How to get my boyfriend's mom to like me?

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:08 pm
I'm 15, my boyfriend's 16
So me and my boyfriend care about each other a lot and want to keep dating for as long as we can so I really feel like we need to fix this problem I just don't know what to do. The reason she doesn't like me is because I used to smoke weed and party and stuff like that which she is against. She still lets him come over and everything but I'm terrified to go to their house. If we want a future I really feel like this problem needs to be solved please help.

2  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:49 pm
@lsullivan,
Make it clear that you don't do that any more.
ChickenMate

1  
Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:16 pm
@lsullivan,
I've been here a couple of times. Just be as nice as possible, and don't take it personally.
She is looking out for her son's best interests, I hope, so just continue to be the great girlfriend you are, and you will just slowly but surely prove her wrong. But be patient. Don't "try" to get her to like you; that can result in disappointment.

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 12:19 pm
I used to smoke weed and party and stuff like that"

Well, yeah . I'd be very wary of a young girl who had a reputation like that hanging with my son.

Wonder how she found out about all this . . .

You are going to have to show her that you have changed. And that takes time and it takes demonstrating IN PERSON what kind of person your are.

So you see, you are going to have to spend time with her.

Either face it or hide. That's your choices.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/355635-1

EmmaDilemma23

1  
Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 11:15 pm
@jespah,
I agree. But to a certain extent. I have been with my now fiance for 5 years and even at young age of 17 was a very diferent person. I'm against many of those things you once did and had a strong self discipline so that I had a healthy and successful youth. But my fiances family has always disliked me. One huge reason is I am hispanic and they are white. They openly discuss that my kind and type is to seduce and ruin America...despite being a military brat and history major amd raging patriot they think I don't belong and favor, even now, his white ex girlfriends. However, this does not stop our relationship from growing. The first step is beig highly respectful to his mom even if she is judging you. Rise above it and openly discuss this with your boyfriend. You both sound young and your relationship is just blooming but you must be clear and open about your issue and start making a true effort to form a relationship with his mom. Its scary trust me, but you made past decisions you obviously regret and his mother disapproves of but by bonding and letting her know more about you can open many doors. She won't trust you the more you avoid her and their family.