If only his name was Pete Williams instead of Abdul Artan, eh?

layman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 02:54 pm
Quote:
An Ohio State University student plowed a car into a campus crowd, then jumped out and started stabbing people with a butcher knife before being shot dead by police Monday morning, officials said....

Law enforcement officials told NBC News the suspect's name is Abdul Artan, an 18-year-old student at the university. He was a Somali refugee who left his homeland with his family in 2007, lived in Pakistan and then came to the United States in 2014 as a legal permanent resident of the United States, officials said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-reported-ohio-state-university-campus-n689076

A "permanent resident" who was formerly a "refugee" coming from Pakistan, whooda thunk? Well, at least he aint a permanent resident no more.

Quote:
"This car just swerved and ran into a whole group of people," said Nicole Kreinbrink, who was walking down the street when she saw the car hit people who had evacuated an academic building during a fire alarm....

"Then I heard someone yell, 'He's got a knife.' And I saw a guy with a big-ass knife just chasing people around. When I saw that, I grabbed all my stuff and started running," Bowers said.

The motive was unknown, but officials said the attack was clearly deliberate and may have been planned in advance.

"This was done on purpose," Stone said.

I suppose Trump, or anyone else calling for more extensive vetting of immigrants, is an islamophobic fascist, but include me in.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 14,034 • Replies: 228

georgeob1

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 02:59 pm
@layman,
The critics appear to live in a world of abstract ideas and preconceptions -- from which mere facts are excluded. It's easier out there - one doesn't have to deal with either contradictions or actual outcomes (such as the one you described).

Lots of sappy non-thinking there.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 03:32 pm
So, what do you all propose, a ban on Muslim immigrants?
layman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 03:41 pm
Quote:
Artan, the deceased suspected shooter, appears to have given an interview with the school’s student newspaper, the Lantern, that ran in August of this year.

"I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-state-university-active-shooter-on-campus/

Well, he's right about that, he AINT what the "media" portrays him to be, i.e., a loving person of extremely high moral character who harmlessly pursues his devotion to serving Americans and American values.

He's more like what honest members of the FBI tells us we should be wary of:

Quote:
CBS News correspondent Jeff Pegues reports many of the signs from this incident point towards this being precisely the kind of terrorism federal law enforcement officials have been warning about for some time now.

Columbus, Ohio, itself has been on alert for localized terrorism for some time. Earlier this year a man with a machete randomly attacked diners in Nazareth Restaurant before being shot dead by police. Officials believe the incident was terrorism related.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 04:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I would be down for that, my own damn self, sho nuff.
roger

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 04:58 pm
@layman,
I wonder how they knew his name before shooting him.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:29 pm
I don't know enough. He may have been mentally ill in some form or simply a very resentful person from his own experience. Possibly was a sent to the scene terrorist, but I'm guessing not. By now, though, I do figure there are what are called cells. Also I haven't followed all the newer news aspects.

I have not met a Somalian that I remember, but I've met an Eritrean and Ethiopians and one Egyptian, no big deal except that they had in common that they were normal.

A lot of the people I met from other places were through a guy that worked as a beginner at our immunology lab (later he was higher up in the lab business). We all liked him, just like we liked the young woman from Vietnam, later a PhD cal tech, who also entered samples sent to our lab. Anyway, a bunch of us were invited by him to the UCLA international center - for dinner. I recommend that..
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 03:51 am
Looks like the "motives" of this whack-ass muslim are starting to be discerned.

Quote:
Authorities are investigating an anti-U.S. rant posted on Facebook just minutes before the Ohio State University attack today that is believed to be linked to suspect Abdul Razak Ali Artan, sources told ABC news.

Appearing three minutes before the beginning of the rampage that left 11 people injured, the post reads: “I can’t take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that.”

The post also invokes the name Anwar Al-Awlaki, a radical American-born al-Qaeda cleric, describing him as a “hero." Al-Awlaki was killed in 2011 but his propaganda has been linked to several domestic terrorist attacks in the years after his death.

“If you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks, then make peace,” the post reads. “We will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/osu-attack-suspect-identified-abdul-razak-ali-artan/story?id=43827435

Al-Awlaki was his hero, eh? We need more "permanent residents" with "diverse" views like that, eh, cheese-eaters? That's what America is all about.

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:26 am
@layman,
Quote:
Al-Awlaki was his hero, eh? We need more "permanent residents" with "diverse" views like that, eh, cheese-eaters? That's what America is all about

That's what the world is all about. If you have children there is a good chance that you too will have a descendent in the future that behaves that way. We all will and we will have some at the other end of the spectrum as well "so to speak".
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:49 am
There seem to be a lot of acts of violence committed against random civilians in America and the West and Islamic extremists seem to be doing a lot of it.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:49 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Al-Awlaki was his hero, eh? We need more "permanent residents" with "diverse" views like that, eh, cheese-eaters? That's what America is all about

That's what the world is all about. If you have children there is a good chance that you too will have a descendent in the future that behaves that way. We all will and we will have some at the other end of the spectrum as well "so to speak".

Well, RL, if you're looking for so-called "Americans" who hate America, there's no need to wait for future generations. There's a shitload of them to be seen right now, everyday.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:09 am
6 terrifying instances of pets eating their owners

One example:

Quote:
Last year, a 40-year-old former Army major was killed in South Africa after being savagely bitten to death by his pet hippopotamus, Humphrey. The man had adopted the 1.2-ton creature when it was just 5 months old, after the animal was rescued from a flood. "Humphrey's like a son to me, he's just like a human," he said. "There's a relationship between me and Humphrey and that's what some people don't understand."

http://theweek.com/articles/471853/6-terrifying-instances-pets-eating-owners

A "relationship," eh? I think cheese-eaters would easily "understand" that.

Quote:
Experts have since noted that hippos are actually the most dangerous animals in Africa, killing more people each year than lions, elephants, leopards, buffalo, and rhinos combined.

Like, whooda thunk, I ask ya? They're so cute.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:23 am

Kinda cute, doncha think?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:33 am
The cop that shot this Muslim terrorist dead is a hero.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:42 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

I would be down for that, my own damn self, sho nuff.

Constitution be damned!!
layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:45 am
@maporsche,
The constitution doesn't give any civil rights to people who are citizens of, and living in, foreign countries.
maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:46 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

cheese-eaters?

What does this mean?
maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:47 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

The constitution doesn't give any civil rights to people who are citizens of, and living in, foreign countries.

So you don't think any American Muslims who "look foreign" will have any additional legal challenges huh? Just like stop and frisk DIDN'T target minorities right?
layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:51 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

layman wrote:

cheese-eaters?

What does this mean?

http://able2know.org/topic/354870-1#post-6308916
layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 11:53 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

layman wrote:

So you don't think any American Muslims who "look foreign" will have any additional legal challenges huh? Just like stop and frisk DIDN'T target minorities right?

Sorry, I don't understand your question or it's relevance to future muslim immigration.
0 Replies