Does the writer write incorrectly in this paragraph?

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 10:51 pm
I have a confusing paragraph about women (i know this topic may be sensitive and sexist, but i need to do that because i was requested). Here is the paragraph:
'There are no rules you need to follow or actions you need to take prior to the sex to somehow steer toward a particular type of relationship. People who do not know what they are talking about believe you need to date longer to get to know each other deeply first if you want what they call a “more serious” relationship for instance, but that is simply not the case. If you want a long-term relationship, you can and should decide it after having had sex, without rushing into it. There is nothing wrong with wanting a long-term relationship with one woman, but a man would not commit to one woman quickly, only a desperate male would, as such a hasty decision signals that the male needs her not only wants her.
This approach is also a lot easier than changing your manners all the time, and it assures that you will not end up in a long-term relationship with a female who is no fun in bed'
Do you know why the writer said ' This approach is also a lot easier than changing your manners all the time', because i don't see the writer talked about 'manner' in previous paragraph. i think there's no relation between 'This approach' and ' changing your manner'. Does the writer write incorrectly? Can you explain it? thank!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,919 • Replies: 3
No top replies

layman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:22 pm
@vuakungfu225,
Given only what's here, I'd agree with you--the topic of manners just comes up out of the blue with no real relevance to what he's talking about.

He may have said it in a prior passage, but it appears he thinks others suggest that you must change your manners (from your everyday customs) when "courting" a woman, and he doesn't think so.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 08:05 am
'manners" probably means "behaviors"
layman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 08:26 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

'manners" probably means "behaviors"

Yeah, that's entirely possible, but, within the context given, it would still appear as just a non sequitur. Or else totally redundant and superfluous.
0 Replies