This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 12:43 pm
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,397 • Replies: 33
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 01:20 pm
@Greatest I am,
Great, you're wrong on all counts; according to us apodictical existential pantheists. She isn't supernatural but hasta follow the rules just like us. She can't do the impossible because he impossible can't be done
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 01:36 pm
@Greatest I am,
Here's an atheists take on it: according to the Bible, God created EVERYTHING, including evil. So God is both good and evil. There is no distinction for God, He cannot be judged.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 02:33 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Yes, Tom, no, She can't. However we don't have Her creating anything 'cause too many contr and para
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 03:18 pm
@dalehileman,
If I decided to switch sides and bat for the Christians I think I would do OK. I wonder what the pay and benefits package looks like.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 04:18 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

Ill play devils advocate here..

Is god the cause of death or is that how its interpreted?

Is death less favorable than life?

If heaven exists and is preferable to an earthly existence then how can death be "evil" if the result is heaven?

Does god will each death? I know believers talk about a divine plan but what if its not like that? What if god has a hands off policy when it comes to death and accidents are not the will of god?

Natural disasters are they really acts of god or just natural random events?

If god has full control over life and death and causes death how can it be certain that death is "evil"?

I think if you never existed it would be preferable to existence IF this life determines if you will be eternally rewarded or punished.

It would be evil to create a being destined to be tormented for eternity if you had full knowledge of that beings fate before creating it.

giujohn

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 01:19 pm
If God (he or she) is not omnipotent then the point is moot... Because there's no reason to even mention such an entity.

The point is equally moot in that if there was an omnipotent being its mere existence would violate Heisenberg's indeterminate principle and quantum physics would not work chemistry would not exist things would not come together and this universe would not exist.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 02:16 pm
@giujohn,
John, the whole schebang is mysterious. Not often asked but essential: (1) Why is there anything at all and (2) why are things the way they are and not some other way

We can assert that it's because this is the way everything has to be, that eventually we'll learn that any other approach entails contr/dox; while part of the problem is our anthropomorphic language that makes God look like some sort of humanoid
giujohn

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:37 pm
@dalehileman,
Why is simple...random occurrence. Nothing more mysterious than that.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:50 pm
@giujohn,
I'll give you random occurrences although I can't believe they explain how things are or why there's a Universe
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:54 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
God does not live by his own golden rule.

He operates along the lines of, "do as I say, not as I do."
giujohn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:43 am
@dalehileman,
Random fluctuations in the quantum foam... And poof, the big bang and our universe exists.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:48 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
fluctuations in the quantum foam.
Glu I see any such fluctuations as part of Her; while She is the Universe
giujohn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 02:40 pm
@dalehileman,
It's GIU...GOVERNMENT INFORMATION UNIT.

So is this like I call my sports car she/her?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 02:51 pm
@giujohn,
Sorry John, yea, now I remember. Subconsciously, minds' eye, Glu(e) holding everything together

Quote:
car she/her?
Yea Gli, therya go
giujohn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 05:40 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Sorry John, yea, now I remember. Subconsciously, minds' eye, Glu(e) holding everything together

Quote:
car she/her?
Yea Gli, therya go

Okay now you're just screwing with me huh?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 06:02 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
screwing with me huh?
Not at all Giu (aha!) but at 86 my mind wanders. Maybe you'd rephrase any q's
giujohn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 06:08 pm
@dalehileman,
86?? Ok now I know you're screwing with me!
dalehileman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 06:18 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
screwing with me!
No John, I try not. If you would quote a specific instance or two I could address them
giujohn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 07:15 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't believe your 86.😱