RIP Ron Glass, 71...

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 08:20 pm
Quote:
'Barney Miller' star Ron Glass dies at 71

EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Actor Ron Glass, who broke into theater while a student at the University of Evansville and later starred in the television series Barney Miller and Firefly, has died at age 71.

Glass died Friday of respiratory failure, his agent, Jeffrey Leavett, told The Associated Press on Saturday.

“Ron was a private, gentle and caring man,” said Leavett, a longtime friend of the actor. “He was an absolute delight to watch on screen. Words cannot adequately express my sorrow.”

Glass was a cast member on Barney Miller during the show’s entire run. On the show, which was set in a New York Police Department station in Greenwich Village, he played Ron Harris, an intellectual, fashionable detective who also dabbled as an author. In 1982, the role earned Glass an Emmy nomination in the Supporting Actor category.

The show aired from 1975-1982, winning two Golden Globes and two Emmy Awards for best comedy series. The ensemble cast included Hal Linden as precinct Capt. Barney Miller, Max Gail as Detective Stan ‘Wojo’ Wojciehowicz, and Abe Vigoda as Detective Phil Fish.
(USA Today)

http://oi64.tinypic.com/dxr9g.jpg

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 08:29 pm

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 08:36 pm
I loved him on that show. He was not as old as me.
Blickers

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 09:08 pm
He was smooth as silk on that show. Very memorable character.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 09:15 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks for that clip.

RIP Ron Glass.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 10:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ron Glass was a joy to watch. I loved him on Barney Miller, and one of my favorite episodes was when Wojo brought in the pot brownies and the entire squad unintentionally got stoned. My Dad loved that episode, especially the scenes when Barney asks Ron 'are you ok?' And he responds 'sharp as a tack'. I looked for that episode but couldn't get a clip to share.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 11:09 pm

Book will be missed still...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 11:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Hash

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 11:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbzluYyqI74

go to about the 12:00 minute mark in an interview with Max Gail where he talks about how Ron Glass changed how that scene was handled
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 07:45 am
Loved that show as my fave (still do) and loved his character. May he RIP.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:05 am
I really enjoyed the Barney Miller clips--they reminded me of how much I loved that show. And what a wonderful ensemble cast it had!

RIP Ron Glass.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 12:35 pm
Barney Miller is one of those shows that could lose major cast members and the replacements would uphold the show's quality.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » RIP Ron Glass, 71...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:59:33