monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

McGentrix

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:32 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzAKMubUQAEYO_z.jpg:large

I like that this picture is in black and white.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:34 am
@revelette1,
Uh... HAHAHAHA hahahaha hahahaha
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:43 am
@Frugal1,
Clinton's political career has reached a well-deserved end, There's not much point in continuing to bash her.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:46 am
According to politico this morning Trump's approval rating has jumped to 46%... And he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

This morning Trump told the reporter when asked about the Air Force 1 package deal from Boeing he said, 4 billion dollars is way too much for that deal and he's inclined to cancel it.

So it looks like we have a CEO who will look out for the bottom line...my tax dollars at work. There's a new sheriff in town... negotiator in chief... Someone who will actually read a bill and ask why are we being charged for this or why are we being charged for that, I think you can come in with a much lower figure and if not we'll go somewhere else and find someone who can.

Yes boys and girls Washington and politics are in for a big change it's not going to be business as usual where when Boeing says it'll cost 4 billion dollars for this plane and somebody just rubber-stamps it.

As I said before keep in mind when Donald Trump makes a move he is a CEO billionaire businessman...while other people are playing checkers he's playing chess and that's exactly what he's doing with China and Taiwan... And that's exactly how he will handle just about everything else... He's not that hard to understand.

And if you think or are worried about China going to war that's a non-starter... They're more interested in their bottom line... Going to war with the United States is not profitable. They may be communists in name but they're capitalists at heart.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:56 am
@giujohn,
Good post, John.
farmerman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:56 am
@giujohn,
How easily impressed you are. All we know is that hes a proven serial liar, hes really not a great "businessman" , hes childishly petulant , is demonstrably Subject to ADD impulsiveness , and those are his good points.

All this talk about "rigged " elections makes me wonder if "rigging" really wasnt part of his own "Chess strategy"(as you laud him for) to do what the communists have done through history, accuse the other side of what they were doing themselves EH ???

farmerman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:02 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
4 billion dollars is way too much for that deal and he's inclined to cancel it.
yeh, since the tricked out dreamliner cost is about 350 Million thats over 10 times as expensive. Maybe it was Boeing that was charging so much for toilet seats .

**** the Airforce 1, the present one is good enough. If he can walk on water he should be tackling **** like'' Why has CONGRESS made it impossible for insurance companies to negotiate for best drug prices??
georgeob1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:03 am
@farmerman,
Do you believe Hillary is a "serial liar"? My impression is that she is indeed and her lies involved a continued effort to escape accountability for actual misdeeds and misfesance in meeting the responsibilities of her office, even whole seeking a more responsible one. I believe that is far more indicative of her character even than the hip shooting bluster so evident in Trump. The fact that you ignore one, and magnify the other, makes me question your judgment in this matter.
revelette1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:04 am
@giujohn,
I wonder if his inauguration will compare to Obama's? I will have to catch up the day after, it would just depress me too much to watch it, same reason I haven't even touched any of the news stations since he won. Didn't Trump win with 40 something percent of vote? Not surprising his approval rating would still be something like that. BTW, Obama approval ratings is still higher, 53.2.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:09 am
@georgeob1,
Hillary lied from the beginning, and kept digging her hole deeper to keep up the lie. I used to think she was intelligent, but her lying caught up with her.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/statements/byruling/false/
giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:15 am
@revelette1,
Poor baby... you can always increase your dose of Xanax.
giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
4 billion dollars is way too much for that deal and he's inclined to cancel it.
yeh, since the tricked out dreamliner cost is about 350 Million thats over 10 times as expensive. Maybe it was Boeing that was charging so much for toilet seats .

**** the Airforce 1, the present one is good enough. If he can walk on water he should be tackling **** like'' Why has CONGRESS made it impossible for insurance companies to negotiate for best drug prices??

As I said Trump is not business as usual he's not a Democrat or a Republican he's a successful billionaire businessman CEO... Congress and drug prices?... he's for the people ... Wait for it.
revelette1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:19 am
@giujohn,
No need, I just keep to my limits. For some reason, you guys don't bother me, well, for the most part.
giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:20 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

No need, I just keep to my limits. For some reason, you guys don't bother me, well, for the most part.

Oh ****... Am I falling down on the job? Okay I'll try a little harder.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:27 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Good post, John.

Thank you my brother... I may not be as eloquent as you or George... I just calls em as I sees em.
Debra Law

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:28 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

According to politico this morning Trump's approval rating has jumped to 46%... And he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

This morning Trump told the reporter when asked about the Air Force 1 package deal from Boeing he said, 4 billion dollars is way too much for that deal and he's inclined to cancel it.

So it looks like we have a CEO who will look out for the bottom line...my tax dollars at work. There's a new sheriff in town... negotiator in chief... Someone who will actually read a bill and ask why are we being charged for this or why are we being charged for that, I think you can come in with a much lower figure and if not we'll go somewhere else and find someone who can.

Yes boys and girls Washington and politics are in for a big change it's not going to be business as usual where when Boeing says it'll cost 4 billion dollars for this plane and somebody just rubber-stamps it.

As I said before keep in mind when Donald Trump makes a move he is a CEO billionaire businessman...while other people are playing checkers he's playing chess and that's exactly what he's doing with China and Taiwan... And that's exactly how he will handle just about everything else... He's not that hard to understand.

And if you think or are worried about China going to war that's a non-starter... They're more interested in their bottom line... Going to war with the United States is not profitable. They may be communists in name but they're capitalists at heart.

That's really cool giujohn. How soon do you think he'll move our country into bankruptcy court and cancel our national debt? Isn't that his premiere chess move? or is it breaching contracts?
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:30 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

That's really cool giujohn. How soon do you think he'll move our country into bankruptcy court and cancel our national debt? Isn't that his premiere chess move? or is it breaching contracts?

Both! We will be debt-free, and then we'll stiff them all to get back ahead.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:32 am
@layman,
Is that before or after he builds that wall, and adds his 35% tariffs? Do you know what his 35% tariff will cost in trade and US jobs?
Debra Law

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:33 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
As I said Trump is not business as usual he's not a Democrat or a Republican he's a successful billionaire businessman CEO... Congress and drug prices?... he's for the people ... Wait for it.

Really? He's for the people? Well then, I can't wait to wait for it.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:36 am
@layman,
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/19/news/economy/trump-tariffs-cost/
BTW, did you ever study Economics in college? How about Macroeconomics?
You don't seem to understand the gravity of Trump's 35% tariffs.
0 Replies