monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

reasoning logic

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 11:31 am
@layman,
Quote:
Ya don't? I think there could be some savings by choosing free labor over merely cheap labor, especially if you don't have international shipping costs involved.

We have learned over the years that when you make your slaves think they are free they a far more productive than when they think they are not.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 11:34 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

And as Trump preens like a conqueror in front of the lights, cameras and cheering crowds, and as he turns over the governance of America to those of a seriously authoritarian mind because the work of governance is not his thing, and as he forwards those who do believe whites and Anglo-Saxon culture are not merely superior to others but are tasked by God with ensuring white dominance over others, and when he's not trying to bully and insult any reporting on him that is critical or insufficiently adulatory, Trump goes full tilt into kleptocracy. He's going to cash in. This makes him smart, as he's told us.
Quote:
All of it highlights the muddy new world that Trump’s election may usher in — a world in which his stature as the U.S. president, the status of his private ventures across the globe and his relationships with foreign business partners and the leaders of their governments could all become intertwined.

In that world, Trump could personally profit if his election gives a boost to his brand and results in its expansion overseas. His political rise could also enrich his overseas business partners — and, perhaps more significantly, enhance their statuses in their home countries and alter long-standing diplomatic traditions by establishing them as new conduits for public business.
http://wapo.st/2gsfgWV

Yeah...aint it great?!
MontereyJack

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:10 pm
@giujohn,
No. Not in the least. He's going to be our most corrupt ptrsident ever, already mostly there, and he's not even in office yet. As well as a true authoritarian,. And he didn't even come close to winning the vote. The deluded fools who voted for him have fucked this country thoroughly.
ehBeth

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:18 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
His political rise could also enrich his overseas business partners — and, perhaps more significantly, enhance their statuses in their home countries and alter long-standing diplomatic traditions by establishing them as new conduits for public business.
http://wapo.st/2gsfgWV

very strong odor of the old Soviet Union in there

not a surprise
layman

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:30 pm
Count em up again, Count Floyd;

Quote:
The effort to recount votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania was spearheaded by Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who echoed arguments that Russia may have hacked US voting machines to interfere with the outcome of the November 8 election....

Stein contended that this was a "hack-riddled election" that warrants a second look at the votes. Trump won by thin margins in the three states Stein aims to contest.

Speculation that electronic voting machines could be hacked has largely been debunked, primarily because the machines are not connected to the internet.

The Times notes that officials close to Democrat Hillary Clinton's campaign allegedly wanted nothing to do with the recount effort...On Saturday, the Clinton campaign's general counsel, Marc Elias signaled that the campaign would indeed participate in the recount, citing "claims of abnormalities and irregularities." Elias added, however, that there is so far no evidence that the results were manipulated.

Officials in the Obama administration threw cold water on the effort...A statement from the Obama administration cited by The New York Times ...[said]: we stand behind our election results, which accurately reflect the will of the American people,"
http://www.businessinsider.com/audit-the-vote-recount-jill-stein-election-hillary-clinton-trump-2016-11

Hmm, does this mean Hilly and Barry aint friends no more, I wonder?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The deluded fools who voted for him have fucked this country thoroughly

I wonder if others should also accept the "fools" responsibility? "groups like the DNC, News media and all of the people who Pushed so hard for the idea of making the least trusted Democrat primary candidate in US history to be our president.

layman

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
There's one, and only one, person responsible for all of this: Jamey Comey.

0 Replies

DavidRyan

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
“I’ve come outside and I’ve seen all of this commotion over here and I was in me jocks,”
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
This is the biggest danger to democracy when fools vote for a racial bigot, narcissist, scammer of the public with his fake university.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:26 pm
In the meantime, Kellyanne seems to have acquired some rhetorical devices from her association with the Donald:

Quote:
The announcement prompted a sharp response from Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, now a senior adviser to the president-elect.

“What a pack of sore losers,” Conway said in a statement to Bloomberg. “After asking Mr. Trump and his team a million times on the trail, ‘Will HE accept the election results?’ it turns out Team Hillary and their new BFF Jill Stein can’t accept reality.”

“Rather than adhere to the tradition of graciously conceding and wishing the winner well, they’ve opted to waste millions of dollars and dismiss the democratic process. The people have spoken. Time to listen up. #YesYourPresident,” Conway said.

You go, Girl.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:44 pm
These two sisters say CNN is racist and "aint nuthin but liars." The cheese-eaters have alienated virtually everyone at this point:

reasoning logic

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:49 pm
@layman,
Quote:
On the topic of narcissism, the same guy in the video RL posted says Obama is a narcissist:

Quote:
In another video he says Hillary Clinton is also.

In the study I posted, right behind the 5 I mentioned, Nixon was next (6th), then Billy Clinton (7th).

You begin to wonder--what president isn't claimed to be a narcissist? Since the 60's: Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Clinton, Obama, and now Trump, they claim.

It seems that you may be on to something. I think the man in the video is credible," he claims that he himself has a Narcissist personality disorder.
reasoning logic

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:55 pm
@layman,
I try to listen to as many different points of view as I can, If I am not mistake I listen to a few short videos of theirs when they were cheering for trump months ago.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

It seems that you may be on to something.

Nothing new, really. Plato said, thousands of years ago, that anyone who wants to be President is not qualified to be.
reasoning logic

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 02:00 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Plato said, hundreds of years ago, that anyone who wants to be President is not qualified to be.

I really enjoyed reading Plato's writings especially Socrates's Apology.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 02:05 pm
Socrates ROCKS!

They asked him what his punishment (for PC violations labelled "blasphemy") should be. That was their their way of allowing him to go free, as long as he went. Had he proposed banishment as a punishment, they would have readily agreed and imposed that sentence.

Instead, he said he should be rewarded with public accomodations because he performed a valuable service for the city of Athens.

The GALL of it all, eh? That did it! They smoked his ass. That **** CANNOT be allowed to persist.

"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:52 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
These people on the christian right like DeVos or Reed have previously pointed to people exactly like Trump as irrefutable evidence of the decline of America's morals and as proof that christian values were on the edge of being crushed. But now he's a good guy because he is facilitating their political/ideological domination of American citizens and institutions.

As a Bible-believing Christian, I must say that you are absolutely right. Frankly, I've not been surprised by the actions of so many of the so-called right-wing evangelicals. Their record is not a good one. For example, Jim Crow lynchings were more common in the so-called Bible belt than they were in the rest of the country. Today I guess "Character matters" applies only to the Clintons since they're Democrats.
roger

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:56 pm
@wmwcjr,
I kind of get your drift, but I can't say I routinely associate Clinton with Character. I voted for her, but only because she wasn't Trump.
blatham

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
very strong odor of the old Soviet Union in there
not a surprise

Ain't it so. The potential for corruption of the presidency here looks like nothing we've ever seen. And given the man himself and the desire of those now arriving in power around him to keep him there so that their objectives can be realized looks to be a perfect storm for serious badness. And then, if he does get so obviously into corrupt steps via his position that he becomes an impediment to the movement conservative people, they've got Pence as a backup.
blatham

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:28 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
As a Bible-believing Christian, I must say that you are absolutely right. Frankly, I've not been surprised by the actions of so many of the so-called right-wing evangelicals. Their record is not a good one.

They're not all bad, I must say. But far, far too many (not just evangelicals - Bill Donahue is one of the ugliest christians or humans around) represent some theology which heads about 180 degrees from the christianity I grew up in. Cheering for torture is merely one aspect of their zest for the punitive. They are rather more akin to the enthusiastic audiences in the Roman coliseum than to the folks below getting ripped to shreds.