monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:11 pm
@maporsche,
That would be the democrat party, racists identify most closely with the democrat party.
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:11 pm
@blatham,
LOL, at least you have a sense of humor blatham!
0 Replies

old europe

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:38 pm
@blatham,
Quite frightening. There's also this part:

Quote:
“We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,” Gingrich said Monday during an appearance on NPR’s "The Diane Rehm Show" about the president-elect’s business interests. “We’re going to have to think up a whole new approach.”

Gingrich - who pushed through ethics codes and anti-nepotism rules when Clinton was in the White House - now says that Trumps is so rich that the normal rules simply don't work here.

If President Trump is in violation of ethics codes and rules, it's not him who should be held accountable. It's the rules which need to be changed to accommodate him.
Debra Law

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I love how the left likes to interchange Republican and conservative depending on what point in history they want to talk about. According to them the GOP never did anything for anyone, even when it was the GOP who did those things. They never want to admit that the Democrats controlled the south from the time of reconstruction until the mid 1990's when the first GOP governor was elected. They never want to admit that it was Dems who started the KKK, that's when the label flips start taking place. Can't have anything bad attached to the Dems and can't have anything good attached to the GOP.

Why do you think it is so important for the left-wing to control the education system?

Progressives did not start the KKK because the KKK was an anti-progressive organization. Likewise, progressives did not pass Jim Crow laws because Jim Crow laws are anti-progressive, and so forth. Again, it's not the party designation that controls. It's the ideology.
edgarblythe

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:45 pm
@Debra Law,
It's well known that at one time, many racists populated the Democratic party. But they migrated to the Republicans during the 20th century.
Frugal1

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:55 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Progressives did not start the KKK

Stop with the 'progressives' bullshit!

Liberal, progressive, democrat, 3 different names for the same thing.
They started the KKK, the party with at least 3 different names is the racists party. Racists to their very core.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep the racists moved to the party who passed the Civil Rights laws, that makes total sense. How do you explain the Dems being the party who controlled the south from the time of ReConstruction until the first GOP governor was elected on the mid 1990's?
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 05:05 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
As for the cake, I get there is a law, I just disagree that there should be. The person you have sex with/ marry is a choice. If that choice is not working with someone's religion, they should not have to support that choice.

Then they should not have a business which caters to the public, and sexual orientation is not a choice.
Blickers

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 05:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
Yep the racists moved to the party who passed the Civil Rights laws, that makes total sense.

The Democratic Party initiated those Civil Rights laws, in fact the Democratic Party initiated the entire modern civil rights movement. The Republican contribution to the cause of civil rights was all over by 1900. The Democrats started it up again with FDR in the 1930s, continued on to Harry Truman and then to Kennedy, and so on.

Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms-two Southern Democrats who deserted to the Republican Party when they saw the Democratic Party was the party of Civil Rights, and the Republican Party was opposing them a great deal of the time.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 05:27 pm
Whatever happens next, know that it is 0bamas weakness, and HRC's dealings that allowed it to happen.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15589589_1351475988225547_1641146640804861501_n.jpg?oh=261ec75dd724f2058d97585f928a00a3&oe=58F3EFD1
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:06 pm
@revelette1,
I am not 100% sure either way on the sexual orientation being a choice, but I am 100% sure we all have a choice who we sleep with, and who we marry, and what we do with our bodies in general.

That's why it's a choice

This is a fundamental differences between what I believe and what liberals believe though, I believe that religious freedom tops sexual preference, or at least it should. I also believe the government has no business saying to anybody how a business is run unless the government pays for that business. (Except in terms ethnicity, disability, or things people have no control over, in which case it's no longer about choices).

cicerone imposter

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:22 pm
@tony5732,
It's not that simple, because many people still do not approve of homosexual, bi, or multi. I believe some are wired that way, and it's normal for them. I don't believe in trying to control how other people have sex. What they do in private is private.
glitterbag

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:38 pm
@Frugal1,
The Southern States were primarily Democrat until the Equal Rights Bill was passed. You know, the one that allowed people of color to be included in public education and didn't force people of color to pay outrageous fees in order to vote. Those folks left the Democrat party and embraced the Republican Party.

It's important to note that most Republicans are not racists, most leaders of the party are not racist. But they do have to cater to the fringe and it makes life trickier for elected officials.
glitterbag

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:41 pm
@tony5732,
Would you be comfortable with a lunch counter or diner displaying a sign that refuses entrance or servic to gay people?
reasoning logic

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It's well known that at one time, many racists populated the Democratic party

Racism doesn't always seem to be politically biased," it will lift its ugly head anywhere people will allow it to.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:58 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's important to note that most Republicans are not racists, most leaders of the party are not racist. But they do have to cater to the fringe and it makes life trickier for elected officials.

What are your thoughts on this idea you are sharing when it comes to Trump's presidency?
cicerone imposter

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 07:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Trump is an unknown when it comes down to legislation, except his tax plan will benefit the wealthy more than the middle class and poor. The wealthiest 1% will gain the most.
reasoning logic

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 07:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump is an unknown when it comes down to legislation

What do you think about his pick for attorney general? "Jeff Sessions"
cicerone imposter

Tue 20 Dec, 2016 07:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Don't know much about him, so I'll have to wait like most people to find out how he performs.
According to Huff Post, Sessions is a racist.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-racist-remarks_us_582cd73ae4b099512f80c0c2

I always knew Trump was a racial bigot (he has a history of it in NYC), so it's not surprising that he would pick a racial bigot to be on his team.