He split after 1 month of marriage

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 06:00 am
So I dated a guy in 2013-2014 our relationship was pretty good, he was loving, kind, etc. we discussed a future together and marriage. Soon after he started talking about marriage he became distant, made excuses to not spend any time with me, so I broke it off completely. I was heartbroken, but I could not allow him to mistreat me emotionally. So long story short, I sold my home and moved out of state 7 months after the breakup. I don't think I ever stopped loving him but I wasn't pining away either. Just a thought or 2 randomly over the next 2 years. So I decided to move back home and 2 days before I was to move, I get a text message. It was from him and he said he wanted to apologize for treating me badly. I'm thinking oh wow, why is he contacting me after all this time. Over the next couple days we chatted and talked on the phone, nothing to serious but we agreed we would go to dinner when I got back. I told him I couldn't trust him after what he did, and didn't know if we could even be friends. So I finally get moved, I agreed to dinner, we talked about 1000 things till 4 in the morning, all of the old feelings rushed back immediately, wasn't expecting that honestly. The conversation ended with "will you marry me." I said yes, he then asked me to marry him the next day, so that's what we did. It was like we had never been apart. The first two weeks were great, everything was "we and us", by the third week he was becoming distant every so often by the 4th week I felt like a piece of furniture in the house. Before we ran off and got married I asked him what I could do if he became distant again, it was a risk and I wanted to know his perspective, he told me not to let go and hold on tighter. So exactly 1 month after the I do's, I came home from work and he said we needed to talk. I knew what was coming. He said it wasn't working for him, I tried to talk with him but he would not elaborate, just kept saying how great I was and he screws up all his relationships. I left. 3 days later he files for divorce. I tried talking with him, "he loves me but he feels like he has a noose around his neck", I'm devastated, my faith keeps me wanting to try to work it out and pray that he will change his mind. I just don't understand how someone could be so happy and then feel so trapped. One confused lady, guys any thoughts???? Ages 49,44

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:38 pm
Usually when a marriage ends this quickly, you can thank your lucky stars that it did.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 11:56 am
@Confusedwoman101,
This guy acted as he did the first time around and you actually marry him within days of a single date after being apart for over 2 years? And you seriously thought it would work? I'm surprised it only took him 3 weeks before he started becoming distant.

I think you need to hope he doesn't change his mind about the divorce, because if he does, I think you will be right back in the same boat after another few weeks of marriage. Get the divorce, delete his contact information from your phone and stop communicating with him. This is the second time he has hurt you. Why risk a third time?
0 Replies