Complicated Relationship with a friend

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 07:42 pm
So here goes, I am 50 years old, married for 28 years, for the past 11 months I have been having an affair with a 20 year old college student who I am helping financially. We text each other all week and see each other once a week. She would see me more, but I don't have the time to meet her. We normally have lunch and get a room and spend several hours talking and other stuff.

I really like to be with her, she is a great person and means a lot to me. She keeps me in line by telling me all the time that we are just two friends having fun. Sometimes I fall off the deep end and want to spend all my time with her, but I know that's not good for her and will not be good for me.

I don't know what to do, I love my wife so much and if she finds out she will divorce me and it will kill me. I also love being with this young lady.

Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 859 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 08:55 pm
I've got lots of advice, and I'm sure you don't want to hear even 1% of it.

But maybe consider how much it would suck if you got divorced and were taken to the cleaners, a mere decade and a half or so from retirement.

But hey, if you want to be a Walmart greeter when you're 80 because your wife cleaned your clock, I'm sure as hell not stopping you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 09:13 pm
@tedsmith512,
tedsmith512 wrote:
an affair with a 20 year old college student who I am helping financially.

Any advice?

she is prostituting herself

you're a John

there's nothing complicated here til someone wonders where a chunk of your paycheque is going
tedsmith512

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:34 am
@ehBeth,
Do you really think so? Don't we have a relationship? I know everything she does, she tells me everything, I tell her a lot and we are friends. When she needs advise she asks and we talk through a lot of things...

Am I just trying to justify this to myself?
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:26 pm
@tedsmith512,
Yes, you are trying to justify this to yourself. ehBeth is correct. You are paying her and in exchange she is spreading her legs for you. The two of you may not view your relationship as prostitution, but it seems to me it is the same. Of course, you could find out for sure. Stop helping her financially. If she keeps spreading them for you, then it isn't about the money. If she cuts you off, then it was about the money.

Quote:
I know everything she does, she tells me everything
You want to bet on that?

Quote:
we are friends.
I'm sure you are. At least until she gets out of school and gets a real job. Until then, you are her meal ticket. It always pays to be friendly with your meal ticket.

It is only a matter of time before your wife will find out. Why don't you end this thing and stick to one relationship at a time. In this case, the one with your wife. Seeing as how you love her so much as you wrote originally.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Complicated Relationship with a friend
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:40:43