Will my ex get back with me?

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 04:04 am
Hi, I am 18 years old and I had been in a long distance relationship with my Ex Boyfriend for 9 months. We were doing fine and were very happy until an incident at 8 months where I got stranded in an unknown town, he could not get to me as he also did not know the town and my parents ended up coming to get me and holding a grudge against him. May I state, up until this point in the relationship we were very serious, you may say it's too soon to know but he was/is the love of my life.

As a bit of background info, we met on holiday in Greece 9 years ago and have been good friends since then until we decided to try being together in a long distance relationship.

In the coming weeks from the incident my parents made my life a living hell, my mother is pregnant and said that if I stayed with him I would cause her to lose the baby etc. I agreed to break up with him to keep them happy but as soon as I had done it I instantly regretted it. I called him again and told him this. He said he wants the second chance I had given him and that he saw me not as a girlfriend but as a partner and loved me very much. We were then happy for about a week until my parents found out and refused to let him come down for a weekend. At this point my dad messaged him and threatened him, saying that if he didn't end it he would call his parents etc.

That day my Ex spent the whole day at work breaking down and crying. He tried to come down and talk to my dad but my dad refused. That night he broke up with me. He told me that the age gap and distance was too much for him and that my parents were 'just a catalyst for what would have been a much longer and more painful thing'. He told me he was heartbroken because he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and he wanted my family to be his family etc.

I admit, I made the mistake and started to grovel to him. This lasted for about a week. He then said he needed space and that he wanted to try and move on and that we would 'never get back together'.

But, at the same time. We are still friends on all social media, he still has all of my family and friends on his Facebook etc, he also still has post notifications on for me on Instagram and has a photo of us on his 'featured photos' on his Facebook page.

I have now stopped talking to him and am planning on the 30 day NC rule.

I love him with all my heart and believe he feels the same. I just want to know, is there any chance of us getting back together
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 641 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 07:19 am
What is his age?

Amberm260

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 07:49 am
@PUNKEY,
He is 20.
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 08:03 am
@Amberm260,
Perhaps your parents are concerned about your judgment and this boys actions after the mixup when you were trying to meet this guy.

Long distance relationships are difficult at such a young age.

Are your parents against him or all young men?
Amberm260

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 08:06 am
@PUNKEY,
They are only against him and actually really liked him before this happened. My mum knew him already as I met him on holiday and she is close with his parents as well.
0 Replies