Is this legal ?

Bex3

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:38 am
I am currently pregnant and have offered my ex partner access to see our child through a contact centre so we don't ever have to see each other! ( as we are like cat & dog ) he's refusing point blank to go because he's not getting his own way and is now threatening to take me to court ? Is this legal ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,703 • Replies: 7

jespah

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:55 am
@Bex3,
Get a lawyer. Do not cherry pick advice over the Internet when it is your child's life and well-being you are talking about.
0 Replies

Mdzeidh

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:59 pm
@Bex3,
Is legal. There is no problem in that
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:06 am
@Mdzeidh,
You're no lawyer. Any lawyer worth his or her salt would not make such blanket statements, particularly without knowing the jurisdiction.
0 Replies

julceaser007

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 04:15 am
@Bex3,
Please consult a lawyer in your area.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 04:26 am
@Bex3,
Bex3 wrote:

I am currently pregnant and have offered my ex partner access to see our child through a contact centre so we don't ever have to see each other! ( as we are like cat & dog ) he's refusing point blank to go because he's not getting his own way and is now threatening to take me to court ? Is this legal ?

This isn't really a legal issue... at least it shouldn't be.

What you are doing is morally wrong. You have no right to keep a father from seeing his child. Imagine how you would feel if the only time you got to see your child is through a "contact centre".

The child has a right to develop a relationship with his or her father. By getting in the way of this, you are hurting your child. There is a chance that someday, your child will resent you (and rightfully so). You don't have to like the father of your child. You don't have to spend time with the father of your child. But you do have to let the father of your child spend time with his child (and this "contact centre" thing is nonsense).

In the US at least, the father can go to court to spend time with his child. But why should he have to go to court? If you go to court, and the universe is fair, the judge will give him custody of the child and you can go to a bloody contact centre to see your child.

You are going to be a parent, you are going to have to grow up a bit for the sake of your child. Like it or not, your child has a father. It is best to learn to work together for the sake of your child.

Being born while your parents are in the middle of a nasty court fight is not the best way to start life.

So don't be a jerk.

0 Replies

carolineallison

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 12:54 am
@Bex3,
Hi,
I will suggest you, consult with a professional lawyer, then take any decision.
Thanks!!
0 Replies

DavidPaterson

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 12:25 am
@Bex3,
There is no trouble to share the doubts but it seems to be legal. Better way to consult with better one.
0 Replies