Please help

Bex3

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:26 am
Hi,I'm desperately needing some help! I'm currently pregnant ( unplanned)& haven't been with my partner since I have found out! I offered him a contact centre where he could visit our child without me so he has his own private time he's refusing and saying I'm a bad person for that and that he's taking me to court because every Saturday is not ok! He claims that he wants to be able to come to my house to see baby which I've already told him no as I do not want to be anywhere near him as at the start of my pregnancy he threatened to take my child back to his home country! I honestly Do not know what to do! He's not interested in the baby at all it's all about control It's his own way or no way
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 950 • Replies: 6

roger

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:33 am
@Bex3,
It's a matter for the courts, and you will need a lawyer. You cannot handle this yourself, and it would be very easy to make a critical mistake.
Bex3

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:43 am
@roger,
Because I have never stopped him seeing the child and offered him an alternative can it still go to court ?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:55 am
@Bex3,
I guess I misunderstood the original post. I guess you are now asking about a current child, and not the one you are pregnant with.

Bex3 wrote:

I'm currently pregnant ( unplanned)& haven't been with my partner since I have found out!

I don't know what country you are in, but informal agreements (not court sanctioned) are very optimistic considering all the changes that can happen between the birth of a child and its adulthood. Do you think any arrangement you come to at this time is going to be honored in 18 to 21 years from now. I'm going to repeat; you need a lawyer. If nothing else, you said he threatened to take the child out of the country, and yet you do not want to involve the legal system.

What exactly are you asking?

Linda wang

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:58 am
@Bex3,

GET A GOOD LAWYER AND GET YOUR BABY BACK !!!
0 Replies

Bex3

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:10 am
@roger,
No sorry I think I've written it wrong! This is still about my unborn child! I have never said no to him seeing her I just said it wouldn't be through me it would be through a centre! I never said how many days or hours because I'm open and agree he should be in her life but the manager of the contact centre told him he's only entitled to every Saturday! & now because of this he's threating to take me to court? & he also made the threat of when he gets her he will be leaving the country with her! So when I contacted social services and explained to them they have told me not to put him on the birth certificate and not to reply to anymore of his requests as I've giving him a fair soloution and because it's not his own way as per usual he's refusing?
roger

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:19 am
@Bex3,
I'm sorry Bex. I know that nobody likes to listen to broken records, but seriously, you need a lawyer. Since you spell center as 'centre', I'm assuming you are not in the USA. Still, if you don't get this in front of the court system, you are relying on a very informal and probably unenforceable agreement. Do not rely on advice from this centre about not putting him on the birth certificate. They're being quite inappropriate in giving legal advice. Anyhow, I now see he is threatening to take you to court. I don't know how you can insist on not getting real legal advice at this point.

Do what you want.
0 Replies