Do you play any video games?

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:25 pm
I haven't been a gamer in over a decade, but recently got an xbox, and also picked up some PC gaming (Civ VI!). It's eaten into my leisure poker time and costing me more money this way but it's been fun.

Any of you play any video games? Even casual mobile stuff (all I had been playing for a decade).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 5,011 • Replies: 38
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sturgis

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Never have. For whatever reason(s), they never grabbed my interest.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:52 pm
@Robert Gentel,
If you do get into PC gaming further, look into getting Steam and buying your games through them. I don't have poker to eat into my leisure time so I do play a number of video games. Most tend to be RPG type. Minecraft, World of Warcraft and 7 Days to Die have been taking most of my time lately.

Steam will offer games for <$5 and I will pick them up. I have a lot of games I haven't actually played yet but were games of the year or otherwise highly rated in years past.
Ragman

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:57 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Maxine, my significant other, turned me on to a few games but this one is my favorite. It's a Physics game called Imperfect Balance. It requires thinking but is fun and challenging too. Give it a shot. Best of all, it's free, too. http://www.physicsgames.net/game/Imperfect_Balance.html
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 02:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah, I had an old Steam account and am playing Civ 6 (but on a Mac) through it. Am going to dual boot the macbook pro I ordered with windows for my games in the future to expand to titles not available on mac, and will get origin too for a handful of exclusive games they have.

So all in all I'll be on PC, xbox and ios/appletv for now. Was considering getting a hardcore PC setup for virtual reality but don't really want a big system just for that and the games don't seem ready yet. Will wait to see what VR on consoles is like next year.
McGentrix

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 02:06 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Steam can be used on Macs now. https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steam.dmg ( http://store.steampowered.com/about/ )

Not sure what all games are available though.

I feel like a drug dealer now...
tsarstepan

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 02:10 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Despite not having a working PC at home, I spent $20 on Humble Bundle for a first person horror game in development called Perception.

I have a Steam account ... but of course it's been languishing for a long time while I'm twiddling my thumbs sans computer.

Played a couple of puzzle games on my phone but they're not that intriguing to ... really spend too much time on.

Thinking of buying the NES Classic for $50 for some gaming gratification at home.
dalehileman

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:03 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Nope
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:47 pm
@McGentrix,
That's how I've been using it recently, but I'm going to install windows on the computer I ordered to have access to more games.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Thinking of buying the NES Classic for $50 for some gaming gratification at home.

I'm going to try to get an emulator for old nintendo going on my PC install, just can't keep all that old hardware around for one game or so and the connections to the TV are going to become more rare.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

'

the new mini ! so tempted to pick that up (or ask my neighbour to put it on hold for me at his game shop)
panzade

Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:51 am
Call Of Duty-World At War
First Person Shooter game that recreates WW2 battles pretty well. Pacific and the Russian advance on Berlin.

Silent Hunter 4
Sub simulation based in the Pacific War

Brothers In Arms
FPS based on the Airborne landings in France.

I don't play much anymore but I enjoy the WW2 games the most.
Probably because it's the most interesting period in my History studies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:04 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Any of you play any video games?

I still play World of Warcraft.
Robert Gentel

Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:22 pm
@oralloy,
I might have to try that one day. Those game are not really my cup of tea but I will eventually give it a shot.
0 Replies

RyanO45

Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:12 am
It's League of Legends for me. All day almost every day. I used to play Team Fortress 2 until my internet gave up on me but I almost got to a competitive level. I was around PUG level of play and I played a few PUGs as mainly Medic.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 14 Nov, 2016 10:11 am
@Robert Gentel,
The only ones that appeal to me so far are driving/racing simulators. GT-6 on PS-3 was the best.

Bought a PS-4 and now a PS-4 Pro in anticipation of GT-7 which was supposed to come out close to the PS-4 intro 3 yrs. ago. Then it got delayed until the Pro model which just came out.

Had GT-7 pre-ordered on Amazon but just got notified that GT-7 (now renamed GT Sport) has been delayed to end of 2017.

Grrrrr....
panzade

Mon 14 Nov, 2016 10:39 am
@Leadfoot,
...life in the slow lane Very Happy
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 15 Nov, 2016 05:25 am
@ehBeth,
They sold out in minutes. I wanted one so I ended up going for something I think will be even better: a raspberry pi computer setup to be an emulator of all the old gaming systems. Ordered all the parts and when I next go to the US to pick them up will install it and have all the retro gaming I want.
Leadfoot

Tue 15 Nov, 2016 06:00 am
@Robert Gentel,
I use raspberry pi to build many gadgets. That's kind of a game for geeks I guess.
The new 3rd gen pi is really kick ass.
Robert Gentel

Tue 15 Nov, 2016 11:30 am
@Leadfoot,
What builds do you mess around with? This is the first time I found a use for a Pi that I am interested in, looking forward to it.