Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You may as well change your user name to Fake News.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:07 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Doing nothing is indeed doing something George. Republicans own healthcare now because they control the branches of government.

Actually we still have (mostly) a free market for health care. The government through Medicaid and Medicare takes care of the poor and the old, but the rest is still a (gasp!) responsdibility of individual citizens.
maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, the general public blames Bush for our economic problems; it's not Obama.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/09/poll-americans-still-blame-bush-for-economic-problems

I think it's just fine to blame Bush for his part in causing the problem or allowing it to begin. It's quite different to blame Bush for policies that Obama implemented in response to those problems.

Metaphor.

Guy gets shot by Trump in New York. Ben Carson operates on his brain. Carson screws up and leaves a sponge in the brain.

Guy can be pissed at the person who shot him AND at the surgeon who tried to fix him and messed up AT THE SAME TIME.

Get it?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:08 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Doing nothing is indeed doing something George. Republicans own healthcare now because they control the branches of government.

Actually we still have (mostly) a free market for health care. The government through Medicaid and Medicare takes care of the poor and the old, but the rest is still a (gasp!) responsdibility of individual citizens.

Wait...no....I distinctly remember hearing about all these government death panels
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:08 pm
We see it here, don't we? Frug doesn't like the truth about Trump's bigotry.
It's probably because he's a racial bigot too!
And Frug hates free speech.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2016/1/trumps-bigotry-tests-the-limits-of-free-speech.html
Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And I thought HRC was a congenital liar...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:19 pm
@Frugal1,
You're a pathological liar like Trump. You're on IGNORE.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're going to miss a lot of great cartoons !
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:25 pm
@georgeob1,
I enjoy Peanuts more!
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Facing honest truth is something you are not yet ready for, but you have made progress questioning what 'they' are telling you. You're not a stupid man, but I believe you are out of touch with America outside your local zip code. Americans want to be rugged individuals, not sheep. Assimilation to the American way of life is essential to this nations survival.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1wlH5KXUAQDD5F.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1wlSzjWIAALhMB.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:29 pm
@maporsche,
So you are refusing my invitation? Duly noted.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:30 pm
@Frugal1,
No soup for you!!
Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Lol!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So you are refusing my invitation? Duly noted.

Your invitation to categorically and completely assign an opinion to literally every instance of something being said about Bush and Obama's presidencies? Things that I've not read.

Yeah, I'm declining that one. As Obi Wan Kenobi once said, "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

If you've got a specific example, I'll evaluate it's worthiness.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:41 pm
@maporsche,
This a response that I believe most people would consider weaselly.

Either the parties in power own America's problems or they don't.

It's not that difficult a concept and since you insisted that Republicans now own any and all healthcare problems, it would seem like you've already given the answer you don't want to take credit for.
maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This a response that I believe most people would consider weaselly.

Either the parties in power own America's problems or they don't.

It's not that difficult a concept and since you insisted that Republicans now own any and all healthcare problems, it would seem like you've already given the answer you don't want to take credit for.

What republicans choose to do with healthcare starting 1/20/17, is indeed their own doing and they will own it.

It's not their fault for whatever problems Obamacare has (excluding all of that obstruction stuff), that's on Obama's and the congress who drafted the bill.

But if you change something, or if you recognize the problems that exist and choose to do nothing about them, you must accept some responsibility for them. Republicans were elected in some part to fix the problems that people see with Obamacare. If they don't act, that's on them (and Obama of course).

I don't understand why this is so difficult to grasp.

Maybe you like it when people talk about Bush. The economy crashed under Bush's watch. That's on Bush.
If Obama came in and promised all the hope and change he did and nothing got better, that's on Obama.

What's truly weaselly is you not admitting that you agree with me on this one.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:47 pm
@maporsche,
As I wrote, weaselly.

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
As I wrote, weaselly.

Hm...I fail to see how. Care to enlighten?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
As I wrote, weaselly.

Finn, do you care to accept your own invitation and pre-emptively go on the record that when Trump and his supporters blame Obama for any problem he will face, and any usage of the dodge of "I inherited this problem from Obama..." will be intellectually dishonest and irresponsible.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:02 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Finn, do you care to accept your own invitation and pre-emptively go on the record that when Trump and his supporters blame Obama for any problem he will face, and any usage of the dodge of "I inherited this problem from Obama..." will be intellectually dishonest and irresponsible.

So you admit that blaming Bush, every chance they got, for the last 8 years is intellectually dishonest and irresponsible?