To all the bleeding heart liberal divisive intolerant leftists:

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:17 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Oh you must have missed all the stuff on the alt-right websites about voting machines switching votes from Trump to Hillary.

You have me confused with someone who reads alt right websites.

Quote:
Or how last election like 4000 buses of people must have been allowed to vote in 10 different locations.

I haven't seen that one either must have been another alt right website.

There have been enough false reports of racism taking place in the last year or so, I automatically dismiss anything that doesn't come with a video attached. Do you recall the gay pastor who lied about his cake? Or the young black ladies who claimed they were attacked on a bus but video footage showed that they were the ones attacking people.

I can show you some footage of 3 black dudes beating a white person because they think he voted for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xjjZ-PQNB8

See video footage helps make an argument.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
giujohn

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 05:52 pm
What gives me more pleasure than even Hillary losing this election, but make no mistake it pleases me greatly, is the smug arrogant mainstream media who thought they had it in the bag thought they had manipulated the low-information voters and we're ready to take the position as kingmaker for installing someone who would push their liberal agenda. Likewise those idiots and twits in Hollywood. I'm thoroughly entertained by their bewildered looks and they're hang dog faces. I hope our new president comes up with a creative way to help them realize that their position is not to influence elections not to make news but merely to report it to the people. What they need is the equivalent of a rolled-up newspaper and a hit on the snout. Oh how I long for the days of the 15-minute Evening News broadcast instead of the 24-hour news cycle.
hingehead

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:11 pm
@giujohn,
Still gloating like it's a football match huh?

There's not a chance that people extrapolated Trump's pre-election words into national and international consequences?

Oh, and for Krumple and his fear of constitutional crises

From the Atlantic:
" It’s worth noting here that Trump will soon have to appear in court for a trial related to Trump University, a for-profit school that has been accused of fraudulently marketing professors as hand-picked by Trump and failing to teach how he achieved success in real estate. "

Court documents here: http://zhlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Memo-of-PsAs-Dkt-443-1.pdf
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:53 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Oh, and for Krumple and his fear of constitutional crises

What are talking about? When have I ever mentioned the constitution? And its "her" not "him" but I dont really care, just correcting you again.
hingehead

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:04 pm
@Krumple,
My sincere apologies K, I have indeed mistakenly attributed one of John's statements to you.

Sorry.
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:07 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

My sincere apologies K, I have indeed mistakenly attributed one of John's statements to you.

Sorry.

Apology not accepted, how dare you... Wink
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:33 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/2e/f9/8b/2ef98b45b136f02162bf4f9ce9802c96.jpg
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
hingehead

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 06:18 am
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/15056499_1194332460605670_4271446803755378462_n.jpg?oh=3567ae2e2e7782a905e0527c4c494f67&oe=58CA3689
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:17 am
@hingehead,
That was your first mistake... your second mistake is using the words onstitutional crisis to describe a civil action against the president-elect. I guess I should forgive your ignorance being that you are not an American but I won't.( I note with interest that you have been conspicuously Elusive in stating what country you actually are a citizen of and I'm starting to suspect that your handle is a sock puppet from a well-known individual here at a2k)

For your edification a constitutional crisis is something that will throw the government into a position where it cannot effectively govern the people. For instance if Hillary was elected president and then indicted and she had to fight off several criminal charges with the possibility of having to leave office. In this ridiculous Civil Trial the defendant need not even be present in court and if it does go against him it's a matter of a monetary payment. The only real impact albeit a small one on the president-elect would be if he was compelled to give a deposition. And that does not a constitutional crisis make.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:44 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
( I note with interest that you have been conspicuously Elusive in stating what country you actually are a citizen of and I'm starting to suspect that your handle is a sock puppet from a well-known individual here at a2k).
That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read here on A2K! Not only that he's never hidden it in numerous threads over the last 12 years - it's stated in his profile here as well.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read here on A2K!

You can't have read much of Guijohn's posts prior to this then.

Hinge has been here a lot longer than Bobsal, who is the one Guijohn is alluding to, btw. I like Bobsal, but he doesn't know what a Mackem is, Hinge can give you chapter and verse.

It's a ridiculous notion, and a complete non starter.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:31 am
@izzythepush,
Well, I know Bobsail and hinge since Abuzz-times.
But you're correct: I don't read much of Guijohn's posts.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's not the same Bobsal.
Ragman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 12:27 pm
@roger,
The original Bobsal (So-Asian living in Germany) of Abuzz days was followed by this Bobsal. so while he's not the original, he's a long-time Forum member, FWIW.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:13 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

What gives me more pleasure than even Hillary losing this election, but make no mistake it pleases me greatly, is the smug arrogant mainstream media who thought they had it in the bag thought they had manipulated the low-information voters and we're ready to take the position as kingmaker for installing someone who would push their liberal agenda. Likewise those idiots and twits in Hollywood. I'm thoroughly entertained by their bewildered looks and they're hang dog faces. I hope our new president comes up with a creative way to help them realize that their position is not to influence elections not to make news but merely to report it to the people. What they need is the equivalent of a rolled-up newspaper and a hit on the snout. Oh how I long for the days of the 15-minute Evening News broadcast instead of the 24-hour news cycle.

Democracy is messy. Everyone has a voice and the freedom to use it. Speech, even disagreeable speech (with limited exceptions), is protected from government infringements. We can choose, however, to turn away from disagreeable and divisive speech.

The "media" makes enormous profits by selling outrage and divisiveness every minute of every day. That would not be possible if people would become better consumers of provocative entertainment (and hate-mongering) disguised as news, but doing that would require us to use our brains rather than rely on sound bites to guide our lives. It is ironic, therefore, that you chastise "low information voters" as if you don't belong in that same group.

Your headline (i.e., the title of this post) promotes hate and divisiveness. Your words are directed to "all the bleeding heart liberal divisive intolerant leftists". In other words, you're sending the message that you don't tolerate people who don't tolerate what they believe to be intolerance. Our communication skills have become so Orwellian we have lost our grip on reality. And even more ironic and Orwellian is that America has now elected a "reality" show personality (when reality shows have nothing to do with reality) to be our 45th president. Whoever can whip up the most outrageous controversies gets the most "air time" and the most money.

I'm not just picking on you because we're all guilty, myself included, in fueling the divide among us rather than mending it. How do we work together to become better informed and compassionate people (instead of smugly happy about enormous rifts in our society)? All of us need to take responsibility and take steps to correct our direction so we don't end up with unacceptable polarizing people (like Hillary and Donald) rising to the top of our political pyramids.

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:20 pm
@giujohn,
Is this a record for down thumbs?
Anybody know?
I do think it deserves some recognition, however. . . .
neologist

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:26 pm
@neologist,
Oh WOW!
This has to be the record . . .
http://able2know.org/topic/352700-1#post-6300839
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:31 pm
@neologist,
Neither are real totals. Someone likes to cheat with the votes, we will address it when we have time and permanently ban any users involved.