How will Hillary handle losing the election?

Brand X

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 10:53 pm
What the?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,991 • Replies: 70

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:14 am
@Brand X,
Crazy night, crazy world.
Krumple

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:15 am
@Brand X,
Ahhhhh ha ha ha..

Gloating time yet or still too soon?
Brand X

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:31 am
So now we get to determine whether the liberal elites are smarter than the average schmuck?
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:16 am
@Brand X,
How do you figure that this election will do that?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:26 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Ahhhhh ha ha ha..

Gloating time yet or still too soon?

No time like the present baby!!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:33 am
An incredible repudiation of politics as usual in the US.
giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:34 am
@Lash,
Politics have definitely changed in this these United States... Lookout establishment and the biased media, here we come!
Krumple

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:51 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Politics have definitely changed in this these United States... Lookout establishment and the biased media, here we come!

So many people will be scratching their heads. Even if the market crashes tomorrow and all next week. Just get ready to buy low.
Lash

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 03:02 am
@giujohn,
A definite tectonic shift away from corruption, American dynastic bids, media collusion. and the Clintons. I mean -- if you can't beat Donald Trump, you are one hated person.

giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 03:27 am
@Krumple,
Well looks like European market opened about 2% down but it's already starting to rebound... If the American markets crumble it would have to be because they've been on the bubble too long and having nothing to do with Trump
Krumple

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 04:03 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Well looks like European market opened about 2% down but it's already starting to rebound... If the American markets crumble it would have to be because they've been on the bubble too long and having nothing to do with Trump

Maybe nothing to do with Trump but thats looking at it from a negative perspective. I say wallstreet is worried. Hillary was business as usual, in this case, corruption. They are unsure how Trump will effect the markets on these trade deals. So they are pulling out afraid of a shadow. Its fine really. Its good for new investors to jump in when the markets are down.
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 04:47 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Crazy night, crazy world.

April 20, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/212871-2#post-5307952
Oralloy wrote:
Obama just blew all of his political capital in this futile assault against the NRA, and now he's got nothing left to do anything at all with his second term.
Oralloy wrote:
after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, the voters are going to put a Republican in the White House in 2016.

February 9, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-2#post-6123152
Oralloy wrote:
Chris Christie will go down in history as the man who made Trump president. Rubio was the only one who had enough appeal to both conservatives and moderates to allow him to beat Trump.

February 14, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-5#post-6125874
Oralloy wrote:
It's going to be worse for the Democrats than for the Republicans. Trump is going to reshape the Republican Party to fit his views, but I'm upping my electoral predictions now to say that the Republicans are guaranteed to win the next five presidential elections.

February 16, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-6#post-6127450
Oralloy wrote:
Let's compare notes after each of the next five elections. Maybe I'll be wrong. It's happened before. But I've also been right before. We'll see.

I never saw a betting market offer better than 10 to 1 odds for a decisive Trump victory. It's a shame that no market will let me bet on my entire 20 year prediction. If the payoff were great enough I might be tempted to invest a bit.
giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 05:16 am
@oralloy,
I actually bet on the election I took Trump within the 3% margin of error and I got 3 to 1 odds... It's going to help pay for my new Rolex
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 05:48 am
I expected to be unhappy this morning, no matter who won. A lose/lose situation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 06:20 am
Will Democrats adopt the Republican strategy of blocking everything the new president does? Including keeping the Supreme Court from adding new justices?
giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 07:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Well being that the Democrats are not in power they are not able to block a vote from being conducted on nominations to the Supreme Court
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 07:09 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Will Democrats adopt the Republican strategy of blocking everything the new president does? Including keeping the Supreme Court from adding new justices?

It will be interesting to find out.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:36 am
@oralloy,
My point to you in our discussions about that is that your opinion wasn't based on any data, just wishful thinking. It happens to be right but that's like a poker player making a bad call and turning out to be right. The result doesn't validate the ratiocination.

For example, there is really no data showing that America cares nearly as much as you do about the gun politics you claimed would turn the election. There is plenty more pointing at wanting an outsider and feeling like strangers in their country due to shifting culture.

I also didn't really want to goad you into betting (though that would have turned out well it would not have been based on reasonable assumptions) and my point there was that if you really did believe in it you were not taking advantage of it to make money.

Your prediction was based on desire more than data. it's not like there were conservative analysis of the data that concluded otherwise either, this surprised every sober analysis because all of the available data ended up being off.

In any case congratulations on your preferred candidate winning. It won't be as bad as people fear or as good as people hope.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:15 am
@Robert Gentel,
Most of the exit polling I saw last had the economy as the biggest reason to vote Trump. Like 58% said that.