McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:34 pm
@skirby,
skirby wrote:

Actually, We the People didn't elect Trump, the electoral college did. I am not complaining about it, if the electoral college managed to defeat Trump I would have been happy about it. However, it is important to keep in mind that it appears more people did not vote for Trump than against him.

Clinton Up Almost 400K In Popular Vote

Yes, there are a lot of people in NY and Ca that don't like Trump. Too bad they don't all live in other states where their opinion may have mattered. Just remember that it is the states that decided who the President of all of the states will be.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:17 pm
@McGentrix,
Clinton up over a million with more votes to count.
giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 10:28 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Clinton up over a million with more votes to count.

Yeah that and $5 will get you a bottle of MD 20-20
RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:18 pm
@giujohn,
Well it shoots your voter mandate in the ass if 1.3 million more democrat voters voted for president. And I am already hearing republican mandate even though they lost the popular vote and senators and house members. I hope they keep up their do away with social security, and national health care. We might even have a democratic congress by 2019.
roger

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:21 pm
@RABEL222,
I think 'mandate' is a word used by all presidential winners to justify whatever the might decide they want to do, regardless of how thin their margins.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 09:15 am
The Mandate is Republicans not control the majority of the country from the president's office to Congress to the governorship down to state legislators

Since Obama took office Democrats have lost:
** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships
** 910 state legislature seats

That’s over 1,000 seats lost!
Nice job, Barack

He's done more for Republicans than any president in history.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 11:33 am
@oralloy,
You misunderstood me because that is exactly what I am talking about.
0 Replies