Donna Brazile

gollum

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 11:41 am
During the presidential debates the moderator(s) announced that he/she had determined the questions to be asked and had not shared those questions with anyone.

Later it was determined that Donna Brazile shared questions(s) with Hillary Clinton.

Did the moderator(s) lie to us? Is that being investigated?

nimh

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:56 pm
@gollum,
Donna Brazile did turn out to share a debate question with Clinton .. but it was in the Democratic primary.
gollum

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 02:30 pm
@nimh,
How did she obtain the question?
nimh

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 03:43 pm
@gollum,
Actually I was wrong. Should have read up first. Looks like it was two questions, both in the primary season.

As for who she got them from, that appears to be murky. One probably from one of the debate moderators, though he's denying that. The second perhaps directly from the woman in the audience who was going to ask the question, though there's some chance that it was a different woman asking a similar question in the end.

Links:

Donna Brazile’s misleading statements on sharing debate questions with the Clinton campaign

CNN chief says Brazile’s leaks to Clinton camp were ‘disgusting’

Donna Brazile is totally not sorry for leaking CNN debate questions to Hillary Clinton
engineer

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 03:47 pm
@nimh,
Brazile was a pundit hired by CNN, the network sponsoring the debate. This has been a hit against CNN this entire election season. They are completely on board with hiring people they know are connected with the campaigns to comment on the campaigns. Brazile is one, Corey Lewandowski is another. CNN routinely hires people they know have conflicts of interest and then act shocked when they demonstrate their first loyalties.
gollum

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 06:22 am
@engineer,
engineer-

Thank you. I think what you say is correct but not responsive.

The moderator stated that he/she had not shared the questions with anyone. How did Brazile find out the questions?
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 11:54 pm
@nimh,
And stupidly one was an obvious question (hey you think they are going to ask a water supply question in Flint, Michigan?) that didn't help Clinton much to pass along but seemed merely an attempt to cozy up to her.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 11:55 pm
@gollum,
I am not looking it up now but going from memory but I think she knew there was going to be a guest in audience asking a question (in Flint, asking about the water crisis). I suppose if that is the case the logistics of setting that up probably made it involve enough people to have multiple chances to leak.
0 Replies