Are the presidential election results real? Or simply a simulation?

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 08:10 pm
@Builder,
But they could have pointed out that a lying SOB was a lying SOB instead of piously stating well there is one grain of truth in his lies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 08:14 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
journalism that is openly biased politically isn't journalism.

When were journalists/broadsheets/newspapers/magazines/stone tablets not biased in one direction or another?

I don't believe I was ever taught that there was such a time.
Builder

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 01:23 am
@ehBeth,
You might like to check SBS World News online.

If you can find a hint of bias, get back to me.

What we're used to calling "news" today is actually infotainment.
oristarA

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 04:25 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

oristarA wrote:
And Trump has been crying all along "It’s a rigged election!" Could he eat his words? Since being rigged, why doesn't Mr Trump exit and go home gracefully?

What was rigged? The Constitution?

Quote:
Jill Stein responds...
"He may be creating his own facts here as he's been known to do some times in the past," Stein added. "He himself said it was rigged election unless he won it."

CNN: Clinton to join recount that Trump calls 'scam'
maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 08:40 am
@Builder,
Of course there is bias. Just looking at the front page, it is clear that SBS is not fond of the Assad Regime.

The front page article tells the side of the Syrian rebels in a sympathetic way. There is no article that I could find that tells the side of the Assad regime in a sympathetic way.

SBS is just as biased as any other news site.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 08:54 am
@Builder,
SBS looks much like the CBC to me. Reporting with a perspective aka bias. It is (from my view) slightly left of centre in its reporting. A few of the international pieces that I know something about made me say "really"?

I like it as one of a group of sites to compare reporting from - but it's not unbiased.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 12:09 pm
@oristarA,
You still didn't explain what was rigged. A recount in only 3 states? States that Hillary lost? Did you see the vote counts in those states? Do you really think recounting the votes is going to give those states to Clinton? The only purpose it serves is to throw doubt on the election results.

When you win elections, it was a fair election. When you lose, the other guy must have cheated. If you keep this up, 2018 isn't going to go well for the Dems at all. I think the people are fed up with the BS games you guys play. The identity politics game is played out. We will see what happens.

Do you think any illegal immigrants voted in this election?
Builder

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 03:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I like it as one of a group of sites to compare reporting from - but it's not unbiased.

To be honest, I haven't watched it for quite a few years now. Haven't owned a television for nine years. But I do get bombarded with our version of CNN here in Australia, when working in people's houses. The Sunrise program (infotainment Aus style) is pure propaganda compared to SBS, so that's the example I presented.

I catch a mix of Al Jazeera, RT news, ABC (Australia), and peer-reviewed science articles.

The media is too tightly controlled by too few individuals, to be anything other than propaganda, IMO. Even more so in Australia. Mudrock's ownership stretches as far as regional rags in tiny towns.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:13 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Mudrock's ownership stretches as far as regional rags in tiny towns.

Here too. Same with radio and TV.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 01:56 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You still didn't explain what was rigged. A recount in only 3 states? States that Hillary lost? Did you see the vote counts in those states? Do you really think recounting the votes is going to give those states to Clinton? The only purpose it serves is to throw doubt on the election results.

Do you have difficulty in understanding Trump's and Jill Stein's English, Baldimo?

Jill Stein quoted what Trump said all the time:

"He(Trump) himself said it was rigged election unless he won it."

Now Trump said again on Nov.27 the election was rigged:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Nov 27
In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

Now open your eyes wide and take a look at it carefully:

(Trump says) "I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally"!

That is, Trump said the election was rigged because of the millions of people who voted illegally!

Since being rigged, so Jill Stein's request for recounting is reasonable and helping Trump, right?

Yet Trump called the recount "ridiculous."

Can you see any virtue in Trump's speaking?

Baldimo wrote:

When you win elections, it was a fair election. When you lose, the other guy must have cheated.

You should inquire Trump for this.

Builder

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 01:37 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
Jill Stein quoted what Trump said all the time:

"He(Trump) himself said it was rigged election unless he won it."

Now Trump said again on Nov.27 the election was rigged:

Did Jill Stein also quote Clinton's response to Trump?

You know, where she said that it would be a kick in the teeth to voters and the election process to not accept the results of the election?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 03:57 pm
@Builder,
Pissed about Hillary's 2 million+ plurality huh.
Builder

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:05 pm
@RABEL222,
I understand a protest vote when I see one.

A DNC rep was on live TV here election day, stating that his people advised Clinton to back Trump's candidacy, because it would save her billions in advertising costs.

I think Trump is a clown.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:19 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
A DNC rep was on live TV here election day, stating that his people advised Clinton to back Trump's candidacy, because it would save her billions in advertising costs.

Can you give me a link to this statement? I agree that Trump is a clown, so whats that make the minority of voters who elected him?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 04:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Popular vote doesn't decide the winner.

Pissed that Trump got 300+ electoral votes?
giujohn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 06:07 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:

Can you give me a link to this statement? I agree that Trump is a clown, so whats that make the minority of voters who elected him?

People who know a treasonous bitch when they see one?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 07:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Can you give me a link to this statement?

There's a video of the opening section of this guy's appearance, chatting to Laurie Oakes (veteran political columnist and reporter) and Karl Stefanovic, but they've cut the section we all saw live. I've queried them about it.

Laurie's jaw almost hit the floor, and Karl rushed on to the next line of questioning, as if it wasn't said at all.

Such is the control on our media.
oristarA

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 09:53 pm
@Baldimo,

Baldimo wrote:

Popular vote doesn't decide the winner.
Pissed that Trump got 300+ electoral votes?

Trump pissed the popular vote and declared the election was rigged, thus he himself has pissed the electoral votes which was the current result of the election.

Have you lost the courage to ask Trump for evidence?

Have you found any virtue in Trump's speaking?
Builder

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 01:23 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
Trump pissed the popular vote and declared the election was rigged, thus he himself has pissed the electoral votes which was the current result of the election.

Run that by us again? You're blaming the winner for winning, by blaming the system that gave them the win?

You've still not acknowledged that Clinton stated that it would be a kick in the teeth of the public, to not accept the results of the election.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 01:35 am
@Builder,
so no link. just a he said she said bull shy post again.