Are the presidential election results real? Or simply a simulation?

oristarA

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 01:22 am

Intel analysis shows Putin approved election hacking

Updated 0202 GMT (1002 HKT) December 16, 2016

(CNN)A US official familiar with the US intelligence assessment of the Russia election-related hacking said the understanding is that the operation was carried out with sophisticated hacking tools, the equivalent of those used by the US National Security Agency.

The use of the advanced tools suggests Russian President Vladimir Putin was involved in the hacks, a person familiar with the matter said, adding that it was more than a US intelligence assumption at this point.

Source
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 01:31 am
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4585144.jpg
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:44 am

Every Single School Marching Band in DC Just Boycotted Trump’s Inauguration
oristarA

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:01 am
Well said, Mr.Trump, I want to know why, too.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Dec 15
If Russia, or some other entity, was hacking, why did the White House wait so long to act? Why did they only complain after Hillary lost?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:11 am
@oristarA,

Taken from your link:

"Jackie Evancho , who no one has heard of and who cannot vote herself, will sing to the nation. Unsurprisingly, she is white. Evancho’s response for singing for Trump is opinion-less and ignorant, “It’s going to be awesome,” she told the Today Show."

Never heard of her?? I guess...If you've been living in a ******* cave for the last 6 years. I have her CDs that's for sure.

How mean-spirited of this bleeding heart liberal commie rag to denigrate one of the most talented singers to ever come off that show. Whenever she sings she electrifies the crowd... I couldn't think of a better choice to sing the national anthem she puts adult singers twice her age to shame.
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 06:07 am
@giujohn,
It is probably because that the author far more prefers a superstar than a promising youngster.
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 06:38 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

It is probably because that the author far more prefers a superstar to a promising youngster.

Sorry I forgot to edit it before running out of the time.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 07:56 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

It is probably because that the author far more prefers a superstar than a promising youngster.

What bullshit. It wasn't about a preference of the liberal scumbag author, it was a hit piece on Trump and they were petty enough to denigrate this gifted teenager. So don't be so disingenuous in your defense of the sliminess.
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 07:59 am

America is far more important than Donald Trump

Could Electors stop Trump?

Time to go home to enjoy your wealth and your life, Mr.Trump
giujohn

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 08:05 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

America is far more important than Donald Trump

Could Electors stop Trump?

Time to go home to enjoy your wealth and your life, Mr.Trump

I will bet you right now if they vote him out I will no longer use my handle at A2K...And if hes voted in you have to do the same.

Wanna bet?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:00 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

oristarA wrote:

What bullshit. It wasn't about a preference of the liberal scumbag author, it was a hit piece on Trump and they were petty enough to denigrate this gifted teenager. So don't be so disingenuous in your defense of the sliminess.

Speak to the truth:

(1) Is the boycotting true? If true, it is not the author who hit head on Trump. People who boycotted him did.

(2) Do you think a 16-year-old girl is already a superstar in singing artistry?

Who's actually bullshitting? It is you.
giujohn

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 12:29 pm
@oristarA,
No doubt about it... It's you.
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 08:13 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

No doubt about it... It's you.

Such comment is typical of Trump's dark art: speak without evidence.

That is why Trump is simply an emotional child who will be well petted at home, but not at the White House.

So go home, thank you, pet.
giujohn

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 08:27 pm
@oristarA,
You speak of things you know nothing about. Jackie Evanko is an incredible talent and a professional artist. Your dismissal of her because of her age is specious reasoning in an effort to bolster your illconceived defense of some libitards writing. A pathetic display to be sure. You can stop embarrassing yourself now.
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 08:51 pm
Electoral College Revolt Growing Into 'Powerful Show of Force'

Harvard University constitutional law professor Lawrence Lessig says 20 Republican electors are considering a vote against Trump on December 19 —more than half the number needed to potentially block the real estate mogul's election.

by Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

http://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/headlines/notmypresident.jpg?itok=JD6_mITv
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 09:09 pm
@giujohn,
It is clear that you can neither see through Trump's bullshit nor see through your own bullshit.

Let me guide you, free of charge:

I said Jackie Evancho is a "promising youngster", which means that I do not agree with the author's "who no one heard of."

But she is still not a superstar, which is a fact. Yet she has the potential to become one if she keeps working hard.

(Better check out what I said if your memory is not perfect. A2K's non editable function after certain time is good for keeping records intact)

Readers here will be aware of your pathetic display of Trump's dark art.

giujohn wrote:

You speak of things you know nothing about. Jackie Evanko is an incredible talent and a professional artist. Your dismissal of her because of her age is specious reasoning in an effort to bolster your illconceived defense of some libitards writing. A pathetic display to be sure. You can stop embarrassing yourself now.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 09:45 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Electoral College Revolt Growing Into 'Powerful Show of Force'

Harvard University constitutional law professor Lawrence Lessig says 20 Republican electors are considering a vote against Trump on December 19 —more than half the number needed to potentially block the real estate mogul's election.

by Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

http://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/headlines/notmypresident.jpg?itok=JD6_mITv

Poor little snowflakes.

I'm still offering the bet if Trump is not sworn in on the 20th...Care to take me up on it?
oristarA

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:14 pm
@giujohn,
A Harvard law professor's opinion is worth considering.

Gambling is one of the aspects of Trump's dark art.

Your little bet will simply be ignored.

giujohn wrote:

Poor little snowflakes.

I'm still offering the bet if Trump is not sworn in on the 20th...Care to take me up on it?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 09:53 am

On the Ethics of Electors

by Lawrence Lessig (Harvard University constitutional law professor)

First published in The Daily Beast, 13 December 2016

In less than a week, in 51 locations around the country, and for the 57th time in our history, electors will cast their vote for President. Yet notwithstanding 224 years of history, to this day, there is a profound misunderstanding about the law and norms that govern their decisions.

This confusion rests upon a failure to distinguish between the legal obligations that electors live under, and the moral or ethical constraints that must guide their vote.

Legally, or better, constitutionally, electors are free to exercise their “independent and nonpartisan” judgment, as Justice Jackson put it, however they wish.[1] No state law can tell a presidential elector how he or she must vote, any more than a state law could tell the “electors,” as the Constitution describes them, who select Congress (i.e., we voters) how we must vote. The Constitution sets the requirements for an elector; federal law regulates how electors act. Those are the only legal requirements that may, constitutionally, constrain an elector. Thus, on December 19th, by (what should be a secret) ballot, an elector can vote however he or she wishes, without fear of any legal consequence.

But to say that an elector is free legally is not to say that she is free ethically. Because while the Supreme Court has indicated that an elector cannot be punished for voting one way or another, the Court has permitted states to impose moral obligations on electors. An elector can be required, as a condition of becoming an elector, to make a pledge to one candidate or another. That pledge creates obligations, and those obligations cannot, in good faith, be ignored—at least without good reason. And even if they are ignored, there remains a difficult question—who then should the elector select?

There is now an historically unprecedented effort to convince electors that they have a sufficiently strong ethical reason to vote against Donald Trump. Those reasons range from the weak to the very strong.

Among the weakest is the argument that Trump is just unfit to be President. I get this argument. It is something I myself believe. But despite the certainty with which this claim is asserted by many, at least 62 million Americans disagreed with it by casting their vote for Trump. This fact has enormous moral force within a democracy. And whatever the electors were meant to be originally, we cannot today recognize them as our moral or democratic guardians, charged with second guessing what the American people have said. Against the background of that strong democratic principle, this reason alone is not enough to justify violating an oath to support Donald Trump.

Much stronger is the concern that Trump’s refusal to disentangle himself from foreign assets — and, what should be even more concerning, foreign debts—renders him unavoidably in violation of the Constitution’s Foreign Bribery Clause. Richard Painter, a Republican, and former ethics czar for President Bush, has made this case most forcefully. Trump cannot keep assets which create an ongoing risk of influence peddling by foreign governments or foreign nationals. He especially should not be liable in debt to foreign banks or governments — as his companies reportedly are to Deutsche Bank for more than $300 million. We need a President who is independent of personal interests that might affect his presidential judgment—for the same reasons Trump was right early in the campaign to complain that SuperPACs compromised the independence of his opponents. That independence is what the Constitution seeks through the Foreign Bribery Clause. Trumps refusal to comply with its restrictions is plainly reason enough to reject him.

Likewise with concerns about Russian involvement in the elections. The Russians have acknowledged “contact” with the Trump campaign during the election; the CIA has concluded they actively interfered in the election to try to turn the results towards Trump. Whether or not one can prove that their involvement is actually responsible for the 80,000 votes in the 3 states that turned the winner of the popular vote into the loser of the election, an elector could well reason that we should have zero tolerance for any such interference. And when there is evidence of collusion or conspiracy between a campaign that has been benefited and a foreign government, an elector could well reason that his vote should be withheld from that colluder. This again would justify a vote against Trump.

And likewise, finally, with the concern that the winner by far of the popular vote will be denied her victory only because of a system for aggregating electoral college votes that denies equal weight to each citizen’s vote. The “winner take all” rule for allocating electoral college votes (and not required by the Constitution) radically skews the voting power of citizens, based simply upon where they live. That skew is inconsistent with the constitutional principle of one person, one vote. An elector could well justify a decision to deviate from his or her pledge and vote against Trump based on this more fundamental constitutional ideal.

Each of these three stronger reasons points to facts that did not exist, or were not apparent, on November 8. For an elector to base her decision to violate her pledge on one of these reasons would thus not imply that he or she knows more than the voter who elected him or her. It would instead be a perfectly and democratically justifiable exercise of precisely the judgment the Constitution secures to electors—to confirm or not the results of the popular election.

Yet there would still remain the question: for whom should such an elector now vote? Does the judgment, “I cannot in good faith support Trump,” mean the elector is free to vote for whomever she wishes?

There is a strong argument — and I believe, ultimately, this is the correct argument—that if an elector cannot vote for the candidate to whom she is pledged, she ought to vote for the next best candidate among those the public actually voted for. That candidate is Hillary Clinton in every state, and especially the three swing states that ultimately decided the result. And it is my view that an elector unable to support Trump has an ethical obligation to vote for Clinton.

Yet it is the most strikingly depressing truth about our current time that partisanship renders this choice almost unthinkable. We have entered the age of “party over country,” which makes the very notion of a Republican elector voting for a Democratic candidate impossible. One would have thought that after an election, recognizing the candidate who received the most votes would not be a partisan act, but a factual acknowledgment. But that’s not how the electors apparently view their role. They, partisans, feel themselves committed as partisans, forgetting that they are actually citizens first.

This reality has led some Democratic electors to try to work out a deal. The “Hamilton Electors,” as they’ve called themselves, are working to persuade Trump electors to join them in voting for John Kasich. If at least 37 Republicans join, then the election would be thrown to the House of Representatives. And with one vote per state, the House would select the President from among the three top vote-getters. Mortally wounded by an electoral college defeat, these Hamilton Electors hope that choice would not be Trump.

From the standpoint of high principle, and electoral college ethics, this is a hard move to justify. Clinton electors have no good faith reason not to vote for Clinton. Electors defecting from Trump, in my view at least, have no justification for voting for anyone except someone the public has actually voted for. And moreover, the electoral college was expressly designed to avoid just this sort of collusion. The Framers thought making electors vote on the same day in different states would make it impossible for them to coordinate. Add twitter and email to the list of things the Framers just did not get.

Yet from the perspective of practical politics, this grand compromise is making more and more sense. If there are 37 electors who cannot in good conscience support Donald Trump, they should at least give the House of Representatives the opportunity to choose a candidate who might unite a nation fractured by a bitter and divisive campaign. That candidate would need to be a Republican. Ideally, the college would also give the Senate the chance to select a Democrat for Vice President. This split ticket might unite America over the next four years, and possibly avoid a spiral into civil war.

This is not how it should be. We should have a system for electing our President that counts all votes equally. We don’t. We should not have a system in which electors think about strategic voting. We do. And months after a vote, we should not still be wondering who our next President will be. As many still are. But in the face of bitter and violent clashes, it may well be time once again for an extraordinary intervention by Congress. But unlike the intervention that spurned Andrew Jackson and Samuel J. Tilden, this time it would be pushed not from the top down, but from an incredible swell of energy coming from the bottom up. If the winner of the popular vote cannot be President, maybe it’s right that the loser shouldn’t be either.

At least this the conscience of the electors could decide.

[1] Judge Wiley Daniels has denied an injunction in a Colorado case which had tried to establish the freedom of electors. He has not yet issued an opinion justifying his conclusion. Stay tuned.
oristarA

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 10:14 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
There is now an historically unprecedented effort to convince electors that they have a sufficiently strong ethical reason to vote against Donald Trump. Those reasons range from the weak to the very strong.
-Lawrence Lessig