Been to Australia a couple of times

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 04:08 pm
We bought a CD today on "Australia." My wife volunteers at the library, so she had a ticket worth $5, and the CD on Australia was $2. It's a story about Darwin before and during WWII. There are three main characters in the story with the aborigine boy as the main character. It' s too bad it was not more popular in the US, because it really is a fine story.
I've been to Australia twice, but never on the west coast.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,475 • Replies: 8
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I've been to Australia twice, but never on the west coast.
You wouldn't have seen the west coast if you had been to Darwin, it being on the north coast.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/21/a9/15/21a9155ade780abc6a093fc016ad178b.jpg
roger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You have obviously survived several trips. Congratulations.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 04:31 pm
@contrex,
I don't know where I had the idea Darwin was on the West Coast. The only reason I can give is that in my aging senior years, my memory has gotten very bad.

On the East Coast, I've been to Port Douglas (Iron Bar), The Great Barrier Reef, down to Melbourne. Really enjoyed Sydney with their Chinatown, Gastown, bridge climb, tour of the Opera House, Olympic site, and cruise to Bondi Beach.
contrex

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 06:12 pm
I've been to QLD, to Brisbane and Bundaberg, which has an interesting rum distillery and an efficient system of impounding animals

http://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/brc/apps/lostdogs/store/image-20161105182451.jpg

http://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/brc/apps/lostdogs/dog_details.php?id=10089

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
Been there a few times on work assignments. Interesting parts . Im still bound by confidentiality agreements.
Never had a real desire to return as the air travel was a PITA. I hate travel nd I would consider a cruise but I hate cruising (I think I discussed all that in the past)
I like piloting me own boats because Im always defining the horizon, but cant live on a big ship without becoming violently ill for a week .
Udyr

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 02:18 am
Unique country with unique people, been to Darwin and Sidney
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 03:01 pm
@farmerman,
I flew from Los Angeles to Sydney. The flight runs about 15 hours. If I go again, I'll fly first class. My wife and I flew first class from San Jose to Honolulu on our last trip to Hawaii, and it was really worth the extra shekels.
If I had to fly from Boston to Sydney, I'd probably have a layover to rest for a day.
0 Replies

jameswatusa

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 12:41 am
I love it researched about it, I love the Perth and many places, in near future wish to plan a trip with my brother
0 Replies