What is the difference between a notebook and a laptop

feysal

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 02:12 am
Let me know what is the difference between them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,326 • Replies: 6
No top replies

contrex

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 02:43 am
There is no agreement about this. To many people, both words mean the same thing. Some will say that laptop is a little old fashioned. Some people use notebook to mean a smaller, lighter portable computer, other people use either word to mean any portable computer with a keyboard and screen in the lid.

0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 06:41 am
@feysal,
i think marketers probably want to show customers that newer laptops aren't the same as older, bulkier laptops, and have started branding them as notebooks to convey that they're sleeker, more efficient, fresh, etc...

when i looked for a new laptop this summer, all i saw was notebook this notebook that and i got worried they had fewer features than a laptop, but they were generally equivalent to the laptops.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 10:00 pm
@feysal,
Image result for difference between notebook and laptop
A laptop is a small, portable computer -- small enough that it can sit on your lap. Nowadays, laptop computers are more frequently called notebook computers, though technically laptops are somewhat larger in size than notebooks, in both thickness and weight.May 30, 2008
Laptops and Notebooks - Is There a Difference? Webopedia
www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/laptop_notebook.asp
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 06:49 am
@feysal,
IMO notebook is a slightly smaller light weight version of a laptop with less computing power but more practical for non heavy weight usage like web browning and social media.
0 Replies

Shawn Kanory

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 10:19 am
A laptop is a portable computer which usually weighs 4-8 pounds depending on display size, hardware, and other factors. A notebook is a personal computer that foregoes some functionality to remain lightweight and small. Notebook computers typically weigh less than 5 pounds and are small enough — "notebook sized" — to fit easily in a backpack or briefcase.
0 Replies

lovelyleesa

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:56 am
@feysal,
Size is the biggest difference. Notebook are small screened and laptop have bigger. Or else functions are same
0 Replies