If God isnt visible, than how could we diffrentiate something invisible and doesnt exist? Thanks

Hhk

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 02:43 pm
If God isnt visible, than how could we diffrentiate something invisible and doesnt exist? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,410 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:29 pm
@Hhk,
That's the beauty of god(s), people can imagine anything to reference their god. Imagination is a powerful thing in human culture.

http://defendingthetruth.com/other-religions/17772-list-gods-throughout-history.html
Krumple

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's the beauty of god(s), people can imagine anything to reference their god. Imagination is a powerful thing in human culture.

http://defendingthetruth.com/other-religions/17772-list-gods-throughout-history.html

But imagination doesnt in any way make it real nor valid. It gets worse when people start killing or discriminating based on their imagined god.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 04:17 pm
@Krumple,
Hmmmm Krumple.

Do you have a problem with people who start killing and discriminating based on something other than a deity?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 04:21 pm
@Hhk,
Hhk, don't quite follow your q, you must clarify

The pan will maintain She is visible but can't be separated from the rest
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:03 pm
@Krumple,
It's real and valid to them. All my siblings are christians, and they pray before every meal. They also tell me that the reason I survived kidney failure is because they prayed for me.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They also tell me that the reason I survived kidney failure is because they prayed for me.
Q before the House Cis is whether they had made you aware of it before your recovery
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 12:03 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't need to confirm how they treat their religion. If they say they prayed for me, I believe them. I don't believe it was their prayers. I'm not anyone special to any god. People of religion pray for loved ones all the time, and their prayers don't have positive results. Many have told me that it is rare to recover as I have from kidney failure. Even my nephew who is a critical care doctor. I'm just one of those lucky blokes.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
and their prayers don't have positive results
But of course Cis some do, a result of autosuggestion, and that's why I asked

Quote:
lucky blokes
Yes I get the feeling this is quite true as we find you a fun guy
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 12:24 pm
@dalehileman,
You are right; research at Stanford and Yale have shown that direct family and friend's prayers have shown improvements. Never third party.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why thanks Cis, clearly you apprehend my contention
0 Replies