There is this girl and it's making me feel bad

Ashiney

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 02:36 pm
So I've joined work and it's been only a month and there's this girl in my floor who starts talking to me in a friendly manner and after a week she tells me over the phone that she really likes everything about me and that she wants someone like me to marry her, she tells me it's not serious and she doesn't love me but she see all of her life partners qualities in me, I told her that I understand but if it's not serious it's cool. Im kinda freaked out 'cause I'm just 22 and I've not sorted out anything in my life plus I just came out of a bad relationship, which I told her about, .. I didn't tell her I was not interested in her or that I didn't like her because .. I don't want to hurt her feelings.. Nor do I want to take advantage of her.. What do I do? She at times keeps dropping hints of future about us and tells more about her..

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 03:58 pm
@Ashiney,
You just started working so let this be your rule # 1 forever: do not date within your work place! It only amounts to a lot of trouble and usually ends with one of the two leaving the company.

The girl is coming on to you, yes, but a) you don't like her and b) you just want to have a good working relationship with her. So all you do is smile at her and don't say much except for work related issues. Be friendly, but firm in shielding your private life. You could tell her that mixing business with pleasure is not your thing and you'd appreciate it if she'd honor that. That's it!

Don't talk to her on the phone on your private time, that sends the wrong message to her. Also, don't meet her outside of your job.
Ashiney

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 05:21 pm
@CalamityJane,
This I'll do! Thakie ! Saved my job .. Wouldn't have known what to do. Thanks again amigo
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:43 am
@Ashiney,
My pleasure!
0 Replies