What's beeper called

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 03:54 pm
I suppose the existence of a tiny beeper sensitive to sound in such a way, eg, you could carry one in your breast pocket and it would advise you when you were speaking too loud
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 494 • Replies: 8
No top replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 07:33 pm
@dalehileman,
The owners of small yippy dogs sometimes get them "bark collars" that emit the a small electric shock when it detects the loud barking. I believe they can be adjusted for volume.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 10:50 pm
I have chihuahuas living across the street from me. I've long not liked yappers but I am acclimated to these and like and need them.
The woman living there is disabled and another neighbor helps her, Steve. Seems now she has daily help, but not for her to get around and Steve gets her to walmart or the doctor. I stood at my door and watched today. First of all, I'm mildly balance troubled myself. I like the guy; he is the one who helped me when my dog Katy was dying, Steve. He is very dear to me. Very. And no, I am not doing any assuming re my own stuff. This is a good man.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 11:11 pm
@ossobucotemp,
um, those beepers were called 'yips"
dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2016 11:54 am
@TomTomBinks,
Thanks Tom but doubt easily adapted to breast pok
dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2016 11:55 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
'yips"
Thanks most kindly Oss, I'll Google
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
called 'yips"
Oss not much luck so far, but thanks anyhow

https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=electroinc+yip+respond+to+sounds
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 06:29 pm
@dalehileman,
Sorry for the delay. I was trying to be funny with the bark collar comment. Sometimes I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny. I did find a device called a Voice Ruler. Here is a link to the page. https://www.zygo-usa.com/usa/index.php/our-products/assistive-technologies-at/aids-to-daily-living/voice-ruler-sound-level-meter or you can just Google Voice Ruler. I don't think it has an audible "beep" but uses a visual display.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 09:51 am
@TomTomBinks,
Tom, thanks a million for that. While it's probly too heavy for my purp, yet it's not everyday....
0 Replies