the Bermuda Triangle may finally be solved

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:20 am
http://nypost.com/2016/10/21/the-mystery-of-the-bermuda-triangle-may-finally-be-solved/

Strange clouds forming above the Bermuda Triangle could explain why dozens of ships and planes have mysteriously vanished in the notorious patch of sea.

The remarkable new theory suggests the clouds are linked to 170-mph “air bombs” — capable of bringing down planes and ships.

rosborne979

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:42 am
@edgarblythe,
Maybe it's just because I'm not a meteorologist, but I don't see hexagonal shapes in those clouds until they draw little hexagons on them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 12:32 pm
I have zero expertise, but if there is merit in what they say, I imagine other researchers will join in to verify the findings.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 12:40 pm
I have read, time and again, that that is one of the safest shipping areas in the world. There is no "Bermuda Triangle," just another opportunity for authors to exploit a goofy conspiracy theory.
Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 12:56 pm
The truth about the Bermuda Triangle

Also, see:

Quote:
When the UK Channel 4 television program The Bermuda Triangle (1992) was being produced by John Simmons of Geofilms for the Equinox series, the marine insurance market Lloyd's of London was asked if an unusually large number of ships had sunk in the Bermuda Triangle area. Lloyd's determined that large numbers of ships had not sunk there. Lloyd's does not charge higher rates for passing through this area. United States Coast Guard records confirm their conclusion. In fact, the number of supposed disappearances is relatively insignificant considering the number of ships and aircraft that pass through on a regular basis.

The source for the passage above is the Wikipedia article, which provides notes to the sources quote.

The only thing unusual about the so-called Bermuda Triangle is the credulity with which the public greets unfounded claims.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 03:24 pm
@Setanta,
anything can be solved with a little liquor and trigonometry.

The real reason for the reported shipwrecks and plane disappearances is because (mostly) both ship and plane traffic seem to cluster up as ships come to port and depart. same thing with planes. Theres more USAF AMC qnd SAC and US navy bases bases along the South from Oceana Va through the Carolinas and Fla than in the Mid Atlantic. (And the N mid atlantic flyways are great circle qnd not trans Atlantic like they re in the south)

Some wag did an actual count of disappearances of ships several decades ago and found that, to the contrary, with the number of ins and outs for boat traffic in the "triangle", there werent really any more spooky happenings than anywhere else (except for the Great Lakes, that place is fuckin scary), and besides, there are reports of dinosaurs (stegosaurs)along the Great Lakes, somehwere on the Canadian side
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 04:06 pm
Aren't some of the so-called 'disappearances' attributable to distance, that sort of thing?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 04:08 pm
All I know is, you can't write a story about the Bermuda Triangle without at least one disaster occurring, or nobody will want to read it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Factcheck on the Bermuda Triangle: The Bermuda Triangle is a mythical section of the Atlantic Ocean roughly bounded by Miami, Bermuda and Puerto Rico where dozens of ships and airplanes have disappeared. Unexplained circumstances surround some of these accidents, including one in which the pilots of a squadron of U.S. Navy bombers became disoriented while flying over the area; the planes were never found. Other boats and planes have seemingly vanished from the area in good weather without even radioing distress messages. But although myriad fanciful theories have been proposed regarding the Bermuda Triangle, none of them prove that mysterious disappearances occur more frequently there than in other well-traveled sections of the ocean. In fact, people navigate the area every day without incident.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:44 pm
A gentleman named Lawrence Kusche, writing in the 1970s, debunked most of the claims about inexplicable disappearances, and ended the initial Bermuda Triangle BS. He carefully reviewed all the claims then extant, and showed that none had in fact occurred in clear weather, that many were in other parts ofhe Atlantic, and many were not even in the Atlantic.
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 04:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Just when I was working on my "air bomb" theory. Has that guy solved "pi" yet? His answer is essential to my equations! "Hey Capt. Billy, I think there might be something wrong with us." 9thConfiguration. I forgot my medication!
Candlelight8
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » the Bermuda Triangle may finally be solved
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:23:36