my boyfriend cheated on me,it's been 6 months

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 05:23 am
My boyfriend cheated on me with his ex girlfriend last December 2015 to February 2016. I found out about it only in April. Sad He already said sorry and promised not to do it again but I can't trust him anymore. Please help me. I want us to start over but forgiving him just seem to be the hardest thing to do Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,217 • Replies: 9
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:11 am
@frozenheart,
How long have you two had a relationship?
frozenheart

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:25 am
@PUNKEY,
2 years last September but when he cheated we were just around a year and 3months? Well, I know I had my fair share of mistakes but whenever I opened up this cheating incident to him it feels like he was blaming me why he did it. :/
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:32 am
@frozenheart,
It sounds like you two were not in a good place at the time.

He sounds like he wants it to work with you now.

Either decide to get over or through this or let him go. This is making both of you miserable.
frozenheart

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:35 am
@PUNKEY,
Yes, I know that. Sad but I find it hard to believe in him. I found out that they were texting last January, I confronted him about it. He denied it but of course, later I was still able to prove it. I just can't understand, if he didn't really mean it.. then, why was it that after that incident, he didn't stop? He still continued it until February Sad
ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:22 am
@frozenheart,
Is understanding it going to change anything?

What can he do to make you forgive him?

You're never going to forget it - are you willing to forgive it?
frozenheart

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:42 am
@ehBeth,
I don't know Sad I am trying to understand his reasons but I can't bring myself to forgive him.

Actually, to be honest I am the type who wants to get even with someone who has offended or hurt me..

I am not really sure :/
ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:47 am
@frozenheart,
If you don't think you are going to be able to forgive him, you may have to accept that this is not going to be a long-term relationship.

Accept that it's temporary, accept that it is not going to be exclusive, have fun while you're together and move on when you meet a guy who is more suitable for you.

frozenheart

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:51 am
@ehBeth,
I was actually suggesting that it is much better if we separate ways. He's the one who won't let go. He keeps on telling me that he will not do it again and I should trust him. I am torn, really. Sad If I let go of all the pain, the anger, the bitterness and the hatred then I won't be able to feel anything at all. Not even love Sad

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:54 am
@frozenheart,
Either way it goes you have to let go of the negative feelings.

--------

Ask yourself these questions ... and answer them honestly.

Does it benefit me when I am angry/bitter, full of pain and hatred?

Does it benefit him when I am angry/bitter, full of pain and hatred?

Does it benefit anyone when I am angry/bitter, full of pain and hatred?

0 Replies