Sociology Survey

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:44 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Since it's a sociology survey, I'd guess the OP wasn't just looking for a cut and paste list.

Rather, the first on that pops into a persons head.

He can kiss my lily white dwarf star ass if he wants us to kowtow to his vague homework instructions in that manner.
http://i68.tinypic.com/14nmd61.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:01 am
@camrynrose,
The Palmers;
The Freemans;
The Lannisters and the Starks;
The Grimes;
The Harmons;
The Byers;
The Lasses;
The Morgendorffer;
The Wrigleys;
The Puppingtons;
The Graystones;
The Hills;
The Shortmans, the Patakis, and the Johanssens;
The Royles....
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:39 am
@tsarstepan,
I dunno tsar, I think it's kind of interesting what family pops into your head first.

I think it says something about who you are.

Me? I didn't find his question inappropriate, rather than just making a list.
contrex

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 12:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The Garnetts surely.

Wouldn't mean anything to Yanks. Neither would Mrs Brown's Boys, which was my first thought.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:13 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Me? I didn't find his question inappropriate, rather than just making a list.

Not inappropriate. Just lazy and really ... anti-internet savvy. Who is doing homework but writes a thread as if he's a clueless luddite/80 year old whose first time using the internet?
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
Maybe Dale?
Foofie

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:40 pm
How soon we forget when America was great:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Margie
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:52 pm
@chai2,
Huh. I listen, at least sometimes, to both you and Tsar, and you are both dumping on Contrex, whom I also listen to, for the good reason that he is smart. I figure he was trying to be helpful.

If the poster didn't like the list, the poster could say so.
contrex

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 04:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
you are both dumping on Contrex, whom I also listen to, for the good reason that he is smart.

Those are kind words, and I thank you for them, but I fear you are giving me praise that is not deserved. I posted that list from sarcastic motives because I felt that the topic starting question was a damn fool one. I studied sociology once (at introductory level, a long time ago, it involved Durkheim, Simmel, Talcott Parsons, Weber, Goffman) and all I can say is they must have dumbed it down quite a lot since the late 1970s.

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:18 pm
@contrex,
Ah, so.... molto complicato.

My feathers go up when people here dump on newbie' questions. Not if they/you criticize, but for totally turning off new people. In this case you are the one who got the fast smash.
This was started as a learning zone, and at best it still is once in a while.
I know that sounds scolding but I get tired of new people being shut down, while I get it patience is in short supply.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:38 pm
First reaction - the Douglas family. The one on Green Acres and the one on My Three Sons.

chai2

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh! On Green Acres there was another family.

Fred and Doris Ziffle, and their son Arnold.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:44 pm
My personal take is the George Tibble family. I worked with their daughter after school - as did she - in an internist's office, and later going on trips as a group, us a young bunch. Her father had a small tract house to write in, in the desert, thus our going there once in a while, off season.. aka, when it was flaming hot. She taught me a lot re listening to music on a long drive. Her father was the My Three Sons guy..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George Tibbles
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sociology Survey
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:21:19