Please Review My Essay on Chevening Application

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:21 am
-------Studying in the UK Question-------
Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.
I selected the three university courses because I realized that a comprehensive education related to my expertise in structural engineering becomes essential in order to achieve my goal, and career plan. So, gaining education at the courses I have selected, combined with my experience, will help me to be an engineer with profound skills in structural design.
The courses I have chosen relates to both my previous academic and professional experience. Since the end of 2014, I have been involved in some prestigious national projects, such as Mahkota Bridge, in 2014. It was the longest cable-stay bridge in Indonesia, and Melak Bridge, the second longest. The idea was to connect a remote area separated by wide stream, therefore stimulates economical growth on those areas. These projects really opened up my knowledge and interest in Bridge Engineering. My company was involved on Structural Design, and also the Construction Sequence Engineering.
In 2015 and 2016, I have the chance to be involved in Kualanamu Bridge and Semanggi Flyover, respectively, as the engineering team leader from my company. In contrast to previous projects I mentioned earlier, these projects are located in two biggest city in Indonesia, Medan and Jakarta. I worked with Engineers from China and Singapore, and together we implement advanced engineering technology to Indonesia, mainly to tackle the problems including working in limited space, traffic issues, and safety regulations for working in highly-populated area. These projects really gave me valuable experience and new insights in terms of Computational Engineering, Engineering Management, and Technologies. It was also revealed unto me, that Indonesia still has an ocean-deep opportunities for development. Indonesia civil engineering is lacking in terms of engineering advacement. This is mostly caused by limited access for the young engineers to international engineering development and knowledge.
The courses I have chosen will be a great deal for me to achieve my career and long term goal. First, the courses I chose will provide me with a broad spectrum of structural engineering issues, specifically on buildings and bridges. And then, with career-oriented study which covers both theoretical and practical design considerations, I will be prepared to implement the knowledge I gained in Indonesia. As an engineering professional, this can be a great foundation to serve Indonesia through a sustainable development and high-quality constructions. And by sharing knowledge through educations and my networking with Indonesian engineers, I can be a key role in developing Indonesia engineering quality, and preparing new young engineers with international networking and knowledge they needed, and consecutively open up opportunities for engineering advancement in Indonesia.
By completing the courses I have chosen, I believe I can do better in my commitment, that is, to serve Indonesia through career and educations, and to create more opportunities and better education for Indonesia Civil Engineers.
*Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 8,285 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Mon 17 Oct, 2016 08:54 pm
I have selected the three university courses because I realize that a comprehensive education related to my expertise in structural engineering is essential in order to achieve my goal and career plan. Completion of the courses I have selected, combined with my experience, will help me to be an engineer with profound skills in structural design.

The courses I have chosen relate to my previous academic and professional experience. Since the end of 2014, I have been involved in some prestigious national projects, such as Mahkota Bridge in 2014, the second longest cable-stay bridge in Indonesia. The idea was to connect a remote area separated by wide stream, therefore stimulating economical growth for those areas. These projects really opened up my knowledge and interest in Bridge Engineering. My company was involved in the Structural Design and also the Construction Sequence Engineering.

In 2015 and 2016 I had the chance to be involved in Kualanamu Bridge and Semanggi Flyover, respectively, as the engineering team leader from my company. In contrast to the previous jobs, these projects were located in two biggest city in Indonesia, Medan and Jakarta. I worked with Engineers from China and Singapore, and together we implement advanced engineering technology to Indonesia, mainly to tackle problems including working in limited space, traffic issues, and safety regulations for highly-populated areas. These gave me valuable experience and new insights in terms of Computational Engineering, Engineering Management, and Technologies. It also revealed that Indonesia still has ocean-deep opportunities for development. Indonesia civil engineering is lacking in terms of engineering advancement, mostly caused by limited access by young engineers to international engineering development and knowledge.

The courses I have chosen will be a great opportunity for me to achieve my career and long term goal. The courses will provide me with a broad spectrum of structural engineering issues, specifically on buildings and bridges. With these career-oriented studies covering both theoretical and practical design considerations, I will be prepared to implement the knowledge I gained in Indonesia. As an engineering professional, I will have a great foundation to serve Indonesia by thoroughly understanding sustainable development and high-quality construction. By sharing knowledge through education and networking with Indonesian engineers, I can take a key role in developing quality Indonesian engineering and preparing new young engineers with the needed international networking and knowledge they need.

By completing the courses I have chosen, I believe I can reach my commitment to serve Indonesia through career and education and to create more opportunities and a better education for future Indonesian Civil Engineers.
0 Replies