Should I tell my crush I like her?

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:23 am
I have a crush on a girl I recently started becoming better friends with. Is it acceptable for me to tell her, even if I have no idea whether or not she likes me back? I don't want to weird her out or scare her away, because I like being her friend and I see her around a lot, so it could be awkward.

jespah

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:45 am
@gf0rc382,
Well, don't go overboard. And if you started getting closer a week ago, give that a little time, say, a month. Then don't make a big deal out of it. Just go with something like, "Kelly, I was wondering if you'd like something more than friendship between us. Because I really like you." And see what she says.
dalehileman

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:03 am
@jespah,
Careful there Jes, she might misunderstand

Or better, understand
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:41 am
Is this the same girl from the field hockey team you earlier mentioned? www.able2know.org/topic/345399-1#post-6274200

If it's the same one, suggest hanging out one afternoon on the weekend, maybe get a bite to eat. For now, just concentrate on building a friendship, no need to go into romance yet. If it's a different girl, then hold on and just continue developing a friendship, romance can happen much much later if you both feel sparks.

Either way, take it slow.
0 Replies

dnsol2k16

Thu 27 Oct, 2016 04:51 pm
@gf0rc382,
Yes. Always. Girls are for some reason entitled to make the first moves now adays. Even if she doesn't like you back, she'll definitely be nice about it, and keep treating you the same. Trust me, because that's what she'd want you to do if it was the other way around. It'll make her so happy if you do tell her, she won't get weirded out. She'll be flattered.
ossobucotemp

Thu 27 Oct, 2016 05:43 pm
@dnsol2k16,
what?
0 Replies

ktooss

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 08:12 pm
@gf0rc382,
if it were me as the girl I'd definitely be more comfortable with getting to know you first than just being told straight up, (just my opinion) so that even if I didn't know about your crush on me, I'd have a friend to talk to, confide in and trust. Later on if I was told about your feelings (I suppose it would depend on the friendship and whether or not she'd feel the same as you) I think both parties would feel better about the outcome in the end, good or bad. What I'm trying to say is just be there, get to know her, and maybe she'll make it easy for you and eventually come around and if you're confident tell her. Not sure if any of this made sense..
0 Replies

larissamcclure

Tue 14 May, 2019 12:36 am
@gf0rc382,
Don't delay it otherwise I will propose her.
maxdancona

Tue 14 May, 2019 05:36 am
@gf0rc382,
I think you should tell her now. I don't like the idea building a friendship but secretly hoping for something more. There is nothing more awkward than a friendship with ulterior motives.

Be honest. Say what you want. There is nothing wrong with telling a woman that you find her attractive. If you don't do this, you won't ever have a relationship. If you want to date her, then tell her honestly that you want to date her.

Don't make a big deal about it, and make sure that if she doesn't want a romantic relationship you still want to be friends. She may say "I like you too". She may say "I just want to be friends". Either way you will know and you will have been honest. And if things go well you will have a girlfriend!

Ask her out in an appropriate way (I am assuming you are a teen). Get dinner, see a movie, whatever you young folks do these days.

I don't see how "taking it slow" benefits anything. Dating comes down to one person telling another person, "I find you attractive and I want to date you". If want to date her, then tell her.
larissamcclure

Fri 17 May, 2019 11:25 am
@larissamcclure,
I'll propose her as a friend.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 17 May, 2019 12:00 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think you should tell her now.

I think he should have told her two and a half years ago. I think the moment may well have passed.
chai2

Fri 17 May, 2019 12:46 pm
@izzythepush,
But what if it didn't?

There's no fail like not trying.
0 Replies

steven-sam

Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:59 pm
@gf0rc382,
wait for it, it's too early to tell her about your feelings.
try to make her feel more secure with you, girls want to be secure.
talk to her make her feel happy, try to read her mind and collect signals from her, and finally when you think its the best time to tell her then go for it.
0 Replies