Do you trust Jullian Assange

Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 07:19 am
@Blickers,
Quote izzy:
Quote:
Is Russia behind the hack, are they trying to influence the election, is the stuff they've released to be trusted? Yes, yes and no.

Okay, we agree on that.

As for the pursuit of Assange and Edward Snowden, I do remember at the time I was rather happy that they escaped, albeit with Snowden to Russia. Frankly, I still kind of hope that some rich benefactor will get Snowden out of Russia and arrange his passage to some country without an extradition treaty with the US, where he can spend his days lounging by a luxury pool and being served umbrella drinks by girls in bikinis. Yes, some important stuff came out from Snowden/Wikileaks, like the fact that NSA has copies of every Email and, I believe, phone conversation somewhere. Unfortunately, anytime that you take info illegally, you run the risk that the government you took it from will come after you legally, so I was glad Assange and Snowden got away.

But at the present time, Assange is acting like the ally of Russia in trying to get Trump elected, which will weaken NATO and allow Russian expansionism into nations of over 100 Million people who had to suffer under Russian domination for nearly half a century. And open the door for Russia to put pressure on countries in Western Europe as well. To say the least, the world will be moving in the exact opposite direction of progress if this happens.

So for right now, my main concern is emphasizing to people that those Emails from Guccifer which Wikileaks is publishing should be considered likely to be doctored up by the Russians, who gave them to Wikileaks.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 08:23 am
@Blickers,
If someone hacked into Donald Trump's email and passed it on to wikileaks do you think they wouldn't publish it?

Wikileaks are just doing what they've always done, published leaked information given to them. Wouldn't it be partisan and hypocritical to refuse to publish something lest it damage a particular candidate's chances?

As for the information itself, I think those voting Trump will believe anything, and the rest know it's via the Russians so it's dodgy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 10:58 am
@Blickers,
Our country doesn't need wikileaks to understand about our candidates running for office. They are vetted enough times to reveal all the good and the bad of any candidate who seeks the highest office in our land.
The majority of Americans already do not trust Hillary. Her emails have made her into a hot potato. The majority of Americans know that Trump is a narcissist and scammer; he even refused to pay subcontractors on many of his real estate developments. He's also known as the individual who sues people the most. Many in the media have already told us that the majority of Americans believe they are the worst two candidates our country has presented for president in this country.
What more can Jullian Assange provide to worsen their candidacy?
Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 11:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone imposter:
Quote:
What more can Jullian Assange provide to worsen their candidacy?

Help the Right Wing keep the Emails going as an issue. And using the reputation Wikileaks gained by releasing actual information about the Federal government's information gathering in people's personal Emails and phone conversations to push what Russia describes as Hillary's Emails which are very likely to be doctored up to favor Russia's positions.

I don't see Assange giving any caveats about those Emails, like consider the source, they came from Russia. Assange is saying "Source? What source? I don't got to give you no stinking source" while he pushes the Emails from the Russian government or its hirelings.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 11:16 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Help the Right Wing keep the Emails going as an issue.

You can keep beating a dead horse, but it's already dead. Who doesn't know about Hillary's emails?
Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 12:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Emails is the central part of the "character issue", which is the main thrust the Republicans have against Hillary. The Emails released from Wikileaks are being accepted by a large percentage of the population as being the real Emails, even by some parts of the legitimate media. They serve to keep the Email issue alive in people's minds, and therefore help Trump.

Incidentally, with 3 weeks to go, Trump is only 6 points back. Al Gore made up being 7 points back in the polls with two weeks to go to win the popular vote-he lost the Electoral Vote by one state but he more than made up a 7 point deficit in the polls.

This is no time to act like Hillary's got it in the bag, so who cares about Wikileak's Email releases.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 02:58 am
Maybe it's time to ask again, Is Jullian Assange trustworthy?
0 Replies