Hello! this very common word is called, in english, masturbating. Don't be disturbed by this.

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:22 pm
I do get messing up spelling, which happens often for many.

I suppose it doesn't only happen with english.

So, to rectify these matters, how do you say that word in other languages?

ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:34 pm
So, no one can tell me the word in French? Or German?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:43 pm
to masturbate {vb} (also: fapping)
masturbieren {vb}
to masturbate {vb}
onanieren {v.i.}
edgarblythe

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:47 pm
masturbate {vb}
masturber [masturbant|masturbé] {vb}
- Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate while being photographed and videotaped;
− Le fait de forcer des groupes de détenus hommes à se masturber tout en étant photographiés et filmés;
to masturbate {vb} (also: to beat off)
se masturber {r. v.}
- Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate while being photographed and videotaped;
− Le fait de forcer des groupes de détenus hommes à se masturber tout en étant photog
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
my trouble is that I don't know know what vb means, damned acronyms...
I'm good at guessing though.
ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Your take on the word is force?

That is the last thing I'd think of.

Glee is a possible take on it...

ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
oh, wait, yours was probably a scholarly take..
0 Replies

roger

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:14 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I bet vb is abbr. for verb.
ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:20 pm
@roger,
I just caught that, slow.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:27 pm
I'm just catching on that EdgarB was right, re how the word is taken other than I am used to.

Now I'm confused about how the world thinks.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:58 pm
I gather this thread is anathema. A chance for me to use the word.

On the other hand, the mods might have been right.
0 Replies

contrex

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 04:25 am
Sexual and intimate or taboo topics tend to have a 'polite' or 'medical' word, often derived from Latin, and coarser slang alternatives, and masturbation is no exception. In French, the politer verb is masturber but the verb branler whose formal dictionary meanings include vaciller, être instable ('wobble' maybe?) has an argot (or slang) meaning roughly cognate with the English verb 'wank'. Branler dans le manche (to wank in one's sleeve) has the argotique meaning of 'to lack solidity'. Likewise in Italian you could use masturbare but informally you might say fare una sega. A sega is a saw (that you cut wood with, using a rhythmic motion of the hand). Spanish has masturbase and hacerse una paja. (una paja is a tap or faucet).

izzythepush

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 04:59 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
So, to rectify these matters, how do you say that word in other languages?

Dunno, English has enough as it is.

Quote:
chokin' the chicken, spanking the monkey, flogging the dolphin, beating off, jackin' off, buffing the banana, wanking off, playing with yourself, tootin' your horn, fighting the purple helmet warrior, rubbing the one-eyed snake, commiting spermicide, taking your turn at the self-serve station, fishing with your zipper trout, beating the **** out of your midget friend, makin' mayo, polishing the family jewels, test-firing the old meat missle, wrapping the hand around the penis and moving it in a thrusting movement.

And that's without bringing the profanisaurus into play.
0 Replies

contrex

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:19 am
Mutton musket practice, taking part in a one-in-a-bed orgy.
izzythepush

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:38 am
@contrex,
From the profanisaurus.
http://i2.wp.com/viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Screen-Shot-2015-02-19-at-17.51.49.png?zoom=2&fit=268%2C304

0 Replies

perennialloner

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:37 am
Is masturbating a very common word? As far as very common words go I'm not sure that it's really up there, maybe more so in progressive places but certainly quite rare in the more conservative. I can't recall a Lebanese word that explicitly means masturbating. Maybe I didn't hang around adolescent boys to know. The closest equivalent I can think of is go ****/screw yourself which is really very different. Im sure that some Lebanese talk about masturbating but im not sure that theres a popular phrase for it. I could be wrong however. I was last in Lebanon at 13 and i didnt even know what it was at that time. In classical Arabic the word is aistimnaa but I think it's almost never said unless meant in an instructional way.
dalehileman

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:56 am
@roger,
Quote:
abbr. for verb
Rog I bet ur rt as usu
0 Replies

contrex

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:57 am
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:
Is masturbating a very common word?.

Pretty common. As with most sexual or bodily topics, it is avoided in polite speech.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:20 am
@perennialloner,
Dr. Sawa's newest book

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61cS7ChpAeL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

has some amusing sections involving masturbation. Overall, a terrific piece of research.

0 Replies

contrex

Sun 16 Oct, 2016 02:14 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
In French, the politer verb is masturber but the verb branler whose formal dictionary meanings include vaciller, être instable ('wobble' maybe?) has an argot (or slang) meaning roughly cognate with the English verb 'wank'.

I once read an account in a French newspaper of how a judge in court was seen masturbating - he had forgotten he was sitting at a table without a screen in front like in the courtroom he was used to. The newspapers made a lot of fun out of it and one said he had been having une petite branlette

If you can read or listen to French, there is a news story and a video clip of one of the TV news stories:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn0xhq_un-juge-se-masturbe-en-pleine-audience_webcam

Un juge se masturbe en pleine audience

Le magistrat d'Angoulême qui avait été surpris en train de se masturber en pleine audience correctionnelle, avait été mis en examen pour «exhibition sexuelle» et placé sous contrôle judiciaire.

One of the BTL comments:

c'est tous des branleurs qui s'en mettent pleins les poches...

The TV commentator called the court session une audience étonnante...

1. Forums
  2. » Hello! this very common word is called, in english, masturbating. Don't be disturbed by this.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:58:43