Man on LSD saves dog from imaginary fire

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:13 am
Troopers: Man on LSD saves dog from imaginary fire

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/YnB5kP0.jpg

A Halfmoon man allegedly broke into his neighbor's house to save the family dog from a fire, Thursday night. But there was no fire, troopers say he was on LSD and hallucinating.

Troopers say 43-year-old Michael Orchard of Inglewood Drive told them he mixed LSD with cough medicine, Thursday afternoon. And they found him, standing heroically with a dog in his arms outside of what he thought was a giant inferno.

"He believed that the residence was on fire. And he was rescuing the dog," said Trooper Mark Cepiel, Troop G Spokesperson.

Neighbors tell us Orchard went around the neighborhood banging on doors yelling about a fire. Since no one would help, because there was no fire. The animal lover took matters into his own hands to save the dog. Allegedly driving his black BMW sedan through the fence. Troopers say once Orchard got through this fence with his vehicle, he got out, went up to the back door, smashed through it, and went inside to save the family's large white dog.

Orchard was charged with second degree burglary and third degree criminal mischief and put in county jail on $15,000 bail.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 17

contrex

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 04:48 am
If I were him, and the neighbour's house did catch fire, I'd say "Screw you! I tried to help before and got slung in jail. You can burn and your dog too!".
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 07:14 am
Imagineering hot dogs, flash backs all aglistering.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:45 am

I learned a bit about illegal hallucinogens when I was learning about Trayvon Martin, and people should be very careful about LSD these days if they decide to take any.

Real LSD is supposed to be pretty safe to use (safer than caffeine). But it is pretty hard to make without a post-grad degree in chemical engineering. It was available all these years from the '60s until recently because of a single guy who could make it. That guy is now in prison.

Now the criminal drug market is making other much more dangerous drugs and marketing them as LSD. So if you think you are buying LSD today, you probably aren't. And if you take what you think is LSD today, you might end up dead.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:15 am
The dog was all "wtf?"
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 01:38 pm
@Robert Gentel,
How come it never occured to him, that he recently took LSD and he might be trippin'? The only way I can explain this is that he took this combination on a regular basis.
contrex

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:04 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
How come it never occured to him, that he recently took LSD and he might be trippin'?

Have you ever taken acid?
Krumple

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:06 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Krumple wrote:
How come it never occured to him, that he recently took LSD and he might be trippin'?

Yes.
contrex

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:58 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

contrex wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Yes.

Me too, lots of times between 1969 and 1971 approximately. I guess that like you I wonder why he didn't realise he was tripping, although I have met people who thought the hallucinations were real. One guy jumped out of a window because he thought there was a plague of alien spiders and he needed to go to London to tell the Queen (He broke his ankle). I always knew I was tripping, even when it was very strong.
Krumple

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 04:21 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Krumple wrote:

contrex wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Yes.

Me too, lots of times between 1969 and 1971 approximately. I guess that like you I wonder why he didn't realise he was tripping, although I have met people who thought the hallucinations were real. One guy jumped out of a window because he thought there was a plague of alien spiders and he needed to go to London to tell the Queen (He broke his ankle). I always knew I was tripping, even when it was very strong.

I always knew as well, even when I was out of my mind. There is still the memory of taking it. Its like hid sense of disbelief was nonexistent. Thats why I assumed it must have been something he did regularly but this time he lost it.

I tend to intetact with nutty street people from time to time. Meth-heads who say completely off the wall things. I always wonder if they are aware that they are doing that or their mind makes it normal.

For example one guy wanted to sell me a jacket but he wasnt wearing one nor was he holding one. I live in LA, I dont need a jacket. So I kindly said no thanks and he flipped out shouting, "You are the one that broke my nose off in Egypt!" My sarcastic reply, "Oh yeah, sorry about that.."

contrex

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:11 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
he flipped out shouting, "You are the one that broke my nose off in Egypt!" My sarcastic reply, "Oh yeah, sorry about that.."

I have met people just like that! I am not so quick with the replies though.
Krumple

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:37 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Krumple wrote:
he flipped out shouting, "You are the one that broke my nose off in Egypt!" My sarcastic reply, "Oh yeah, sorry about that.."

I have met people just like that! I am not so quick with the replies though.

Ill admit there are times when their words are pure word salad and I cant even reply.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 12:15 am
I say, "Good for you, LSD guy." He thought the fire was real. He saved a dog. Even stoned out of his gourd he did the decent thing.
roger

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 12:40 am
@Roberta,
I agree. It just happens that I'm just glad he isn't in my neighborhood.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 01:46 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I say, "Good for you, LSD guy." He thought the fire was real. He saved a dog. Even stoned out of his gourd he did the decent thing.

For his next act hes going to save a fire from an imaginary dog.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 02:36 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Except....did he hallucinate that the dog was alone? Or did he fail to save a whole bunch of hallucinated people?
roger

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 02:49 am
@dlowan,
He saved the dog. What else you need to know. Anyhow, maybe he knew the people and didn't like them.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 11:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Cheeze, Robert.
Ya can't make this stuff up!
0 Replies