Is polygamy allowed in the United States

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 12:25 pm
News came in on October 12, 2016 that a Floridian man wanted to marry two wives (see the pic). Is polygamy allowed in US?

http://www.sinaimg.cn/dy/slidenews/1_img/2016_41/2841_738609_373652.jpg

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 677 • Replies: 3
No top replies

chai2

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 12:32 pm
Polygamy and polyandry are both illegal in the U.S., regardless of what this man (and the women) want.

A small portion of the Mormon (a religion) population do practice polygamy, but mostly in secret.

Of course if various numbers of genders which to reside together, no one can stop them, but they cannont legally marry in the U.S.
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:00 pm
@oristarA,
A lot of laws aren't really enforced. I'm quite sure everything you can imagine is going on somewhere. If you have money and power the laws often don't apply. It is fascinating to see how a man gets two or more women to share him.
I've seen whole television shows on the subject in regard to the Mormon community in Utah. Whether or not it's legal, it goes on. I'm not going to join the Mormon or Muslim Religion just to get in on this but it's a great recruitment tool. Candlelight8
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 01:01 pm
Two wives... six chins.
0 Replies