Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 01:08 pm
Victorville, Ca Daily Press, Parade Oct. 9, 2016: Read "Awe" by Paula Spencer Scott, at least twice.

"Their hike...wasn't going so well...Bare and his brother were arguing...Bare struggling to find his way...What am I doing with my life...What does it mean...?....Then we looked up and wham....Druid Arch...The men's jaws dropped....awestruck..."

If this insightful piece could be read and understood by everyone on Earth, then all hate and all crime, indeed every war, suffering, persecution would disappear instantly forever.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,258 • Replies: 11
No top replies

contrex

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 01:51 pm
The taste for excessive italics seems to have infected you, Dale. You mean if everyone went to look at some rocks everything would be great after that?

dalehileman

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 01:52 pm
@contrex,
Yea Con, more or less, just like that
...especially if you should read "Awe"..
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 03:33 pm
I did read it. That's why I wrote what I did.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 03:57 pm
@contrex,
Guess I'm more easily inspired
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 01:05 pm
@dalehileman,
I know that "Druid Arch" is a rock formation at a National Park. I fail to see how the spectacle of this would solve, cure or prevent anything at all.
Candlelight8
dalehileman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 01:22 pm
@Candlelight8,
Quote:
I fail to see how...solve, cure or prevent
Yea Can, many will agree w/you. My position is that a sudden realization and appreciation of one's place in the Universe, its size, its complexity, its beauty, etc could change one instantly
Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 01:31 pm
@dalehileman,
For those with little to no idea what dale is going on about, let's try this amazingly useful friggin' link which takes us to Parade.com the home of Parade Magazine, a weekly supplemental item included in many; but, amazingly not all newsers (usually on Sundays).

Then we land on Paula Spencer Scott's space and voilĂ ! www.parade.com/513786/paulaspencer/feeling-awe-may-be-the-secret-to-health-and-happiness/

Youy see dale, I do not purchase newspapers...it is cruelty to trees, so I never see Parade Magazine ((although years ago I received it along with my family at the time as it was part of our local paper there).

Anywho...interesting piece there. Thanks for bringing to our attention...although a frigigin' link would have helped (and saved me time).

Seriously, the article itself does help. Along with photos it tells us that Stacy Bare is a tall person standing apparently at 6'7"!
contrex

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:42 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
My position is that a sudden realization and appreciation of one's place in the Universe, its size, its complexity, its beauty, etc could change one instantly

And my position is that while such "a realization and appreciation" might change some people instantly (or even after a while), it will only change those people who are able (who have it in them) to be so changed. It won't change those people, unfortunately numerous, who aren't like that. While we might weep buckets over the death of Bambi's mommy, I daresay it left Hitler and Pol Pot quite unaffected.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 03:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Anywho...interesting piece there.
Why, thank you Stur

Quote:
Thanks for bringing to our attention...
Entirely welcome

Quote:
although a frigigin' link would have helped (and saved me time).
If I had had one I would have included it. I suppose I should learn how to conduct such a search

Quote:
I do not purchase newspapers...it is cruelty to trees
I'd often wondered if that weren't the case
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 03:54 pm
@dalehileman,
Only people who have everything they need are blind to their own frailty. This is common knowledge, but I do understand your intent. My statement is not one of criticism. I just happen to need some real miracles!
Candlelight8
dalehileman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 12:03 pm
@Candlelight8,
Quote:
do understand your intent
Why, thank you Can
0 Replies